(My sister-in-law had this on her blog and I thought it would be fun.)
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Went to Ethiopa in February. AND saw the inside of Kevin's work in October!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make new year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, I've had some friends give birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
Ethiopia (and Kevin's desk at work. Can you tell this was exciting for me?)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A clearer direction in terms of how God wants to use me. A more content spirit. (And maybe, just maybe a car that did not originate in the 1980's!)
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 20th, when we brought our boys home from Ethiopia.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not really an "achievement" but adopting our sons. And potty training Anna.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmm. Probably the times I'm more impatient with my kids than I should be. I'm also always wishing I were a better friend.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, February of 2006 marked the first time I got lice or a parasite. I also got the stomach flu in November.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to Ethiopia!
12. Where did most of your money go?
To pay for the adoption.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The adoption of our sons, our trip to Africa, the news that we are expecting a baby, and seeing Anna grow up right before my eyes.
14. What song will always remind you of 2006?
That song "Waiting for the World to Change" (being that they play it every five minutes) and the songs on our Bob Marley CD.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? This is hard to answer. To be honest I remain bothered by much of what I saw in Africa...so I guess I'm more aware of the sadness in our world. Yet at the same time these experiences make me so much more aware of God's mercies and love for us and the hope that is Christ. b) thinner or fatter? Ugh, fatter. (Pregnancy reminds me of how vain I am. Why do I care so much???)
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More time with friends, more time with just Kev, DEFINITELY wishing I'd seen more sights in Ethiopia (especially our sons' hometown.)
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating sweets. Wasting time on the computer. Worrying about things I don't have control over.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With Kev and the kids at my parents' house.
19. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Absolutely. With Yosef and Biniam.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
We don't really watch current TV, but "The Office" is funny.
21. What was the best book you read?
"There is No Me Without You" by Melissa Fay Greene.
22. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Anna's precious little singing voice. (And of course Bob Marley.)
23. What did you want and get?
Our two amazing sons and now this little baby girl on the way.
24. What did you want and not get?
I REALLY wanted to meet Yos and Bin's birth family and sadly we did not. I also wanted to get this adoption finalized but alas, that hasn't happened yet either. (AND, I wanted to make it through this pregnancy without binging consistenly on junk food...I should have known that was an unrealistic goal!)
25. What was your favorite film of this year?
Not sure if these were 2006 but I liked "Emmanuel's Gift", "The Constant Gardiner" and "Crash."
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 and Kevin took me to dinner without the kids. I believe I was pretty naseaus most of the day.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Well the latter part of 2006 I'd say I just wear what fits, which sadly means I don't have much of a selection. Otherwise, I dunno.
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not too into celebrities in general but I think Bono is awesome, I admire Oprah for her humanitarian work and Angelina Jolie for her work in Ethiopia.
29. Whom did you miss?
I missed Darin and Lara when they moved away.
30. Who was the best new person you met?
Well Yosef and Biniam of course!!!