Monday, April 14, 2008

Parting thoughts

It's our last night in California. Tomorrow it's Las Vegas, then Wednesday night Utah, Thursday night Denver.

Our house closed today, so we now officially own a home in Denver.

We literally had too much stuff for our huge, biggest-size-they-rent Penske truck.

I've said so many difficult goodbyes and it's really, really hard. Everything hit tonight and I feel so sad.

I'm looking around my empty home and thinking about bringing Anna home from the hospital, such new parents!, bringing Yosef and Biniam home from Africa, what an amazing time!, and Kaitlyn home from the hospital, to find Grandma and the oldest three kids out on the lawn waving excitedly, welcoming home their baby sister.

I'm excited about our adventure, but tonight I feel worn out, stressed out, and emotionally drained. And wondering how on earth I'll survive without my friends, family, and Santa Maria G3. Wednesday nights just won't be the same.

I'll post pics and some stories from some of the amazing times and people we've been blessed with over the past week or so once we're in Denver. But for now I'm off to finish up some packing. Thanks so much to the Gibsons, Chad, Micah, Rebekah and my mom and dad for their amazing help today.

Talk to you soon!

14 comments:

zunzun said...

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -- Anatole France

Hang in there...it will get better but it's ok to feel the sadness. Besides...all the stress from the move will also take it's toll. hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hey B, I can't believe you are leaving tomorrow. I haven't seen you in so long that I didn't know you were moving until I read your blog about a week ago. Even then, I thought I had more time to go and see you before you moved. I am soooo sorry for not doing a better job of staying in touch. I'll miss you soo very much and I will try to contact you after you have time to settle into you new home. Good luck with the move!

joy said...

brianna--we're going to miss you! we're praying for your journey and your new home and new life in denver. love you!

darci said...

praying for you. i know how hard it is to move-even when it's a positive thing, it's still painful. i love the quote left by the first person that left a comment..it's very true. there's always some grief, even when it's joyful and exciting. hang in there..you're also prob. so exhausted from the craziness. darci

Kristen Borland said...

drive safely! i'm praying for you!!

Jeannett said...

We'll miss you guys too! Wednesday nights really won't be the same without little Yosie and Binny running up and waving hello in their pj's! Andy and I really painfully (and surprisingly) emotional when we closed the door and dropped the key through the mailslot in the last house...remembering bringing Henry home, painting those checkers on his nursery wall 7 months pregnant, filling holes in the backyard from the dogs, hanging Christmas lights...

Travel safe...call and/or blog as soon as you get there so that we know you made it okay!

Meg said...

safe trip!
Meg

Anonymous said...

Brianna, we are praying for your family as you make this transition to Denver. I've moved more times than I care to remember, and each one was an emotional rollercoaster. But God knows the plans He has for you- I can't wait to read about your new adventures, new friends, new church, new everything, in a few months!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to leave a place where you have so many great memories, even when the next adventure promises to be just as exciting. You've put so much thought and prayer into this move. Your family will do great!

Have a safe and uneventful trip!

Carrie Haughey said...

You all will be so missed! Can't wait to read about your new life in Denver!! I will miss having sweet Kaitlyn in the nursery.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your adventures. Safe travels.

Lisa Leonard said...

it's so hard to say goodbye. you see clearly what you are leaving behind but the future is unknown. We love you guys and although we will miss you so much, we are excited with you for this new adventure. Hope the traveling goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I ain't gonna miss you one bit. So there, take that! Oh, wait, that's because you are moving closer. WOOHOO and YIPPEE!

Brother Mike

Anonymous said...

Darn it, you passed right by us and could have stayed the night here in Las Vegas?! I guess that is what happens when I put my computer under plastic and paint our office/school room orange and purple!! From now on, let me know when you guys swing through and you are always welcome to crash here!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com