Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A day at the farm

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to visit a nearby horsefarm that was holding an open house--a BBQ, hayrides, animals to feed, and horserides! We all had such a great time. Kevin's aunt (shown above with Anna and Yosef) leases a horse at the farm and invited us. We had a great afternoon and the kids LOVED it! It was their first horseride ever, and when I asked Anna if she was scared at all she looked up at me and said "Nope, not one bit. I just loved it!"


Kaitlyn did NOT want to ride alone. She wanted to ride with Kevin. The entire morning though she had been saying she was too scared to ride at all, that she would just watch. So I'm really glad she got on the horse, because she had such a great time!

Biniam of course had a blast. (He has a ton of fun in life, no doubt about it.) Note Kaitlyn's helmet in this picture...she can't even see! Ha!




Yosef was awesome! He was so handsome and confident!




Sweet Anna was just so delighted to be riding her first horse. Nonstop smiling. She would have ridden all day, if she could have!




Feeding the goats.





Here's me and Mary making friends with a horse. I've always loved, loved, loved horses. They are so incredibly beautiful. I don't know if you know this about me, but I grew up in a (very) rural community where there were a lot of ranchers and a lot of horses. I always thought it would be so neat to own a horse, although I never did. I was able to ride at a friend's house though and I loved it.



Having been raised around animals and such, I love visiting farms and fairs and it always makes me feel a bit nostalgic for my childhood. It's been 11 years since I left my small hometown and it's such a treat to get out of the city and do something like this--especially because my kids love it so much too.


So a huge thanks to Sharon and Tom for a fabulous outing!




 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com