Thursday, November 10, 2011

In which we cross the Tiber



I've thought long and hard about how to share this.

Because like most things in my life, it's something most people won't understand.

And, that's hard for me.  I'm generally a people-pleaser and I have a history of caring way too much about what others think of me.  I avoid conflict and confrontation and any sort of direct involvement in controversy.

But.

I'm committed to being honest, and to this blog being a window into my life.  My actual life.  Not a glossy, mostly-fictional account of all of the fabulous things I do or the ways in which I'm an amazingly-awesome-mother-and-wife who reads Beth Moore while knitting Kevin a Snuggie.  So I'm not about to start keeping significant parts of my story hidden from view in order to make it more palatable to the masses. 

And I actually have something really exciting to share!  I want to tell you about it!  It has been years in the making.  It is about our faith and it is beautiful and sacred and deeply meaningful to me and my husband and to our children.

So the Big Announcement is that:

Two weeks ago, we were received into the Roman Catholic Church.

Yes, the former-Lutheran and the lifetime-Evangelical "swam the Tiber".

On Reformation Sunday, no less.  :)

I'm so anxious to share our journey and hearts with you, and will be doing so in the coming days.  So be sure to come back!

And please believe me when I say that I know it doesn't make sense to most people, and there are those who genuinely fear for our souls and who think we've lost our minds.

That is humbling.

And hard.

But where God leads, we must follow.

And so we're Catholic now.

It's good to be home.


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com