Thursday, January 27, 2011

Outed (or, in which you get to read my diary)

Enough heavy stuff about kids and life and all that jazz.

It's time for some celebrity gossip.

Wait, huh?

I hate celebrity gossip!

But I'm making an exception.

Because I used to love me some NKOTB.

(That's New Kids on the Block, in case you didn't know (!) )

And I also used to love me some Tiffany.

And I just saw a headline saying she outed Jonathan Knight from NKOTB the other day.

So I HAD to read the article.

Um, awkward!

But fun to read.

And not because I care.

But because it took me back to the late eighties/early nineties.  When I'd go to my friends' house and we three would sit around listening to cassette tapes, painting our toenails and drinking homemade chocolate milkshakes to the sounds of "I Think We're Alone Now" and "Hangin' Tough."  Good times.  Who'dve thunk that Tiffany and Jonathan were dating and that years later she'd be the first to reveal that he's gay?  Ouch!

Poor Jonathan.  Outed after all these years by Tiffany.


You can't say I didn't see it coming though.



Look what I wrote in my diary sometime back in 1990!  (Yes, I still have my old diary.  Just ignore the top line, where I muse about how one of my friends was nicer than one of my other friends, thus she must have been "raised better", and the bottom line, where I reflect that a kid in my class named Breeze was also nice.  Oh, to be nine years old again!)

So you see, I KNEW one of the New Kids was gay.  Even back then.  In the third grade.  Granted, I had the wrong one (sorry Mr. Wahlberg), but still. 

Don't worry.  I'm sure tomorrow I'll be back to posting about the Cold War or something equally intellectually stimulating.

But today it's all about the New Kids on the Block. 

And it's okay, you can admit it:  you're super excited that I let you read my diary. 

Feel free to send me your copy of "Tiger Beat" as a thank you.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com