Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dirty work

Okay, so I am terrified--yes, TERRIFIED--of frogs. Well, all reptiles really. Dead or alive they freak me out and I detest them. I always have.

Well, earlier this summer we found the bottom half of a dead, flattened, sun-baked frog in our backyard. It was totally crispy and dried out (ewwwwww, I know) but still I refused to touch it, to throw it away. One day though, Anna kept wanting to play with it when we were in the backyard and it was grossing me out. How can I finally get this frog thrown away without touching it, I wondered?

Then it finally dawned on me. Anna had (unfortunately) already picked it up at one point, so her hands were already "contaminated", she ENJOYED picking it up, and she LOVES throwing things in the trash. Hmmmm...

Yep, I asked my two-and-a-half-year-old to pick up the dried out dead frog that I was too afraid to touch and go throw it in our trash bin. I think I must have sunk to a whole new level of momhood that day, but she loved it and enjoyed talking about it afterwards! Yet another benefit of having children...

(And yes that is the deceased she is holding triumphantly in her left hand.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all the gross things we moms clean up behind our little ones, it is time they start to pull their fair gross share. :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Simply, Hilarious! That grosses me out just looking at her tiny hand holding it.

richlisad said...

Sounds like frog jerky.

Rich

Rachel said...

Aubrey brought me a wasp the other day! I think it was dead, but if not, it was the second I stepped on it. I hate those things.

5KidMom said...

HA! I love it! I make my boys kill spiders for me all the time. I am sooo not into bugs, reptiles, amphibians, etc.

Anonymous said...

That is a riot!! I have been traumatized from living in Hawaii and now fear all bugs, my kids have picked up on that and now cry, run away and hide when they see flys.... I am not sure about that one, that is the one thing I don't fear.

darci said...

cute! football in one hand, frog in the other..does she have brothers? LOL. :)

Brianna Heldt said...

Darci that's the funny thing, she is so NOT a tomboy, even though she totally looks like one in this picture!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Anna is not intimidated by wildlife (dead or alive). Good for her! That sounds a lot like her Aunt Krystal!
Grandpa Heldt

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com