Monday, December 18, 2006

Just another Friday night for the Heldts...

Kevin locked his keys in the car at his vanpool spot on Friday, so the kids and I had to meet him there that evening. We had some returns to make to WalMart too, so we all headed over there afterwards. We still needed to eat dinner, and there's a Wendy's in the same area as WalMart, although a bit of a walk through the parking lot.

Now one thing that is hard about having three little ones is the whole carseat thing. Loading and unloading three kids from their seats is kind of a pain. Especially when it's just for a short drive. After we left WalMart and put the stuff we bought in the car, Kevin had the brilliant idea of just pushing the kids in the cart over to Wendy's. HA!

So there we went, walking through the lot, all the way over to Wendy's with our kids in the cart. Truly a sight to behold I am sure. I've never taken myself all that seriously (have you seen the cars we drive?) but this was perhaps a new low. I wish we'd had the camera to take a picture!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

When I started reading this I was thinking that it would be easiest to stick them in the cart too. I pushed Aubrey in a Target cart to Khol's and then back to Target after I was done shopping. I didn't go as far as to take the Target cart inside, but it crossed my mind since I was shopping for a necklace and they were all within reach of her little hands!

Brianna Heldt said...

That's awesome! Carts are quite nice for transporting small children. I eagerly anticipate the day when the kids can buckle themselves into their own seats!

owlhaven said...

How funny! I like those booster seats with the shield on a hinge that they can just click over themselves...might work for yours in another year or two, depending on their weight...I don't use them till kids are 40 lbs or so...

Mary, mom to many

Anonymous said...

That's classic! I have used one store's shopping cart for multiple stores (Target's cart for Target, then Ross, then Michaels, etc) because I didn't want to get the kids out and carry both of the them and them put them in a new cart. I figured if anyone gave me a hard time about it I'd just tell them to try shopping with two babies and see what they end up doing.

kristen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com