Thursday, March 19, 2009

My baby is 2

On March 7 Kaitlyn turned 2.


Kaitlyn is feisty, independent, self-assured, and nutty.
When she was born one of the labor and delivery nurses said that she had a Kaitlyn too. And THEN she said this: "Kaitlyn's are sweet. But they're ornery."


How prophetic those words have been!!! Kaitlyn brings such a different dynamic to our family and I love, love love it! She is a fighter, pushed through too many infections in her first year for me to count, and came out on top. She works hard to keep up with her older siblings--so hard, in fact, that she's actually been running the show around here for awhile now.


The kid loves to laugh and loves to talk. Won't tell you ANYthing without adding your name onto the end, to make sure she's being heard by you. ("My diaper's wet, Mama. I have a cookie, Mama. Kiss my owie, Mama..." Makes you acknowledge and kiss even the tiniest owie. Even though she's tough.as.nails. She knows who she is and some people think she's shy but really, she just likes to take it all in first. She can also be very, very, very serious.



SHE LOVES SHARKS. Really. They are her most favorite thing.


Aside from her daddy. Whom she ADORES.


And vegetables. She LOVES veggies. She ALWAYS eats them first and often asks for seconds before even TOUCHING the main course.



I love my baby girl. I guess she's not really a baby anymore, but she sure seems that way to me. During her first several months I remember praying so hard that God would heal her and that she'd be spared from the constant pain and discomfort. Now, you'd never know that she struggled so much and I can see what a strong little person she is.



Happy birthday sweet Kaitlyn! Mommy is so proud of who you are and who you're becoming. Our family would not be NEARly so fun or exciting or joy-filled without you!!!





11 comments:

Larissa said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!

I wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Much love to you from the Laity Family!

Joanie said...

Sniff...what a sweet post about a precious girl.

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! My little guy just turned two this week, and I'm having a hard time accepting it! Funny, sharks are his absolute favorite thing too! He sleeps with a shark, bear, and puppy. I hear "no no no mommy, Joshie do it" all day long!

I remember all the posts and heartache about her rough first year. She is such a sweet little girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Little Kaitlyn! We sure think you are special! Here's to you, kid, and the Terrific Twos!

I am Katy, said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!

Kristen Borland said...

happy b-day, kaitlyn!!!

Kristen said...

Aw, what a sweet tribute to your daughter! Such fun pics too.

Brianna, have you seen "God grew tired of us?" We watched it the other night & from what i've read in your blog, it seemed like something you & your husband would enjoy. Yay netflix! Ha ha.

joy said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn! I can't believe you're 2 already! We miss you all and pray a blessed year for you.

Jeannett said...

Happy Birthday little Katie! You are SO grown up! I can't get over it!!!!

darci said...

happy birthday to such a cutiepie!

Thankfulmom said...

A very belated happy birthday to Kaitlyn! She shares my daughter Hannah's birthday - just 20 years younger. Hannah is an amazing blessing to me and I pray Kaitlyn will be the same for you.
Lisa

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com