Monday, November 16, 2009

Snow fun (for friends who live in milder climates)

A couple of weeks ago, we had a HUGE snowstorm. The most snow we've had at our house since we moved here I think. The kids--and Kevin--had a blast, while Mary and I stayed nice and warm inside. :) Of course last week was warm and beautiful, and then this weekend we got a bunch of snow again. I have come to love Colorado and its' rapidly changing weather!



Heading out into the backyard.
Kevin thought it'd make for a fun picture to have the kids sit down and then pack the snow in around them. Everyone but Anna thought it was fun I guess!
Playing. Note Kaitlyn sitting in the snow with only her head exposed. She LOVED it!
Snug as a bug in a rug in the house with Mommy (who, until she gets some snow boots and snow pants, does not play in the snow. And even then it might be a stretch.)
Still smiling, amidst the snow banks in the front yard.
About time to head in...

...for some hot chocolate + marshmallows!

7 comments:

Shana said...

I love it! I wish we got snow like that here. So far we've just had a couple of dustings.

Kristen Borland said...

fun!! (...and kinda makes me cold!)

Mama Mote said...

My house feels like it's snowing. But haven't turned on the heater yet. Just put on my cozy robe. The last time I lived in snow was when Liz was born in Montana. We were there for 3 winters and they were beautiful. I do miss snow - don't miss the cold, but if we still lived in it, I'm sure we'd still have fun in it and enjoy it. Your kids look so cute all bundled up. And the hot chocolate is a great way to warm up. Think I'll get some now.

Shonni said...

Wow, ya'll really did get a lot of snow! Such fun, huh?

Kristen said...

Wow, how fun & such great memories! I love their snowsuits too. :) Nothing like coming out of the cold & into a warm house with hot chocolate waiting!

Joanie said...

Beautiful pictures! So fun.

joy said...

what fun! i've only seen the snow two times in my life so it seems so romantic and fun. of course, i don't have to live in it or drive around or take kids to school in it.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com