Thursday, July 08, 2010

Lazy days of summer


We have so been enjoying our summer around here. Relaxed mornings, sleeping in, picnics with friends, free movies at the movie theater. I love Colorado Summers!
All the pictures in this post were taken one afternoon when some girlfriends and I met up at a local fountain. (My sons were there too, yet somehow I didn't get any pictures of them!) That's Anna with one of our friends, above.




Kaitlyn loves being one of the "big girls".


Kaitlyn and this particular friend of ours are nearly inseperable lately at our playdates. She is so patient with Katie, even though she's a couple of years older.


After much splashing and fun in the water, along with a picnic lunch, we headed over to a sweet little ice cream shop, where each of my kids got their very own scoop. Lots and lots of kiddos in this picture. They had a blast!




It's times like these when it's really hard to imagine snow on the ground, or it being so cold that we stay inside for days at a time. (Which, to be honest, I don't really mind too terribly much. There's something really great about hot chocolate, indoor activities, and snow falling outside too.) I love the seasons in Colorado, and we are soaking up every little bit of summer that we can around here!


1 comments:

Kevin Heldt said...

"We have so been enjoying our summer around here. Relaxed mornings, sleeping in, picnics with friends, free movies at the movie theater." Never have I been so sad to not be included in that Heldt family "we"! Sniff, sniff. :) Great pics!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com