Saturday, May 14, 2011

In which blogging makes me lose my mind



Please allow me a moment to whine, friends.

Over something ultimately kind of dumb in the grand scheme of things.

I'd written a post, over the span of a couple of days, that I intended to put up last night.

Piggybacking on this.  Answering some of your questions.

I put the finishing touches on it, took a deep breath (kind of a sensitive topic you know), and hit "publish..."

Only to have it give me an error message.  And when I clicked back, my post was gone.

All of it.

And because of the Blogger outage (which clearly I did not fully understand), it hadn't been saving my progress as I'd chugged along.

It reminded me of losing an entire assignment I'd completed in AP US History my junior year of high school, because of a disk that got corrupted.  (Remember those disks???)  Then I was up until all hours of the night redoing it.  Good times.

Anyway, it's not that my words were anything special, but I'd invested a bit of time and heart into it, and the thought of having to reconstruct it is, well, daunting. 

Sigh.

One of life's little annoyances, to be sure.

At any rate, moving on to bigger and better things, this is the last day to enter the giveaway to win a copy of the DVD Unplanned, all about Abby Johnson.  I hope you consider leaving a comment to put yourself in the running!

And, I'm loving all of your comments, and I hear your questions, and I WILL get that post rewritten.  It just may take a little time! 

We attended a birthday party with sweet friends this morning, and have been lazy around the house for the remainder of the day.  Lazy for us amounted to playing games, doing chores, and discussing theology.  Oh, and trying to stay warm--it's COLD!  Sushi take-out date with Kevin after the kids go to bed tonight  (aka we eat Costco sushi whilst watching something random on the laptop) , and then tomorrow afternoon we get to go and spend time with more sweet friends.  Not a bad weekend, I'd say--even in spite of losing that darn blogpost!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com