Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy V-Day

How on earth has it been so long since I last posted?  I've obviously fallen out of my usual blogging/emailing routine.

Of course I've been busy with having my parents here, and this is just plain shaping up to be a crazy month in general.  Lots of things going on, all of them good, but not a whole lot of time left for reflecting or writing.

I can say that I have at least been spending a little time each day reading, and just finished the autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux.  Who was, you know, kind of amazing.  Less time on Facebook and blogs means more time spent reading the words of remarkable people devoted to following Jesus.  It's good for the soul.

At any rate, I'm still here and I have most definitely not abandoned my dear, poor corner of the world-wide-web.  I'm still planning on answering some questions about the Catholic faith soon, and I hope to get back to  posting regularly, in general.  Meanwhile daily life remains a combination of homeschooling, keeping house, prepping meals, and trying to keep my children from driving their grandparents insane.  :)




And it's Valentine's Day today!  So, happy feast day of Saint Valentine.  He was a priest martyred for his faith in the year 269, and is the patron saint of (among other things) happy marriages, bee keepers, and epilepsy.  Today I'll read about him to the kids, and hopefully come up with a simple related liturgical activity/craft/baking project.  I do love these amazing heroes of our Faith!



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com