Thursday, July 13, 2006

I won!

Mary from the blog Owlhaven (fellow adoptive mom of kids from Ethiopia--this is one of my favorite blogs!), recently had a contest where she asked for anniversary ideas, wanting to know the best anniversary celebration people had. Well, I just HAD to share our one-year anniversary story--and it won! (Even though for the most part it was more of a "what-not-to-do!" until the end, when the day redeemed itself in a major way.) So here it is: I am the Golden Keyboard winner of the week!




If you want to read the unfortunate account, go here. (Then scroll down.) At least it has a happy ending!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brianna
Congratulations on the "KEYBOARD AWARD" I read your story. How funny. But to bad you had to go home.
I have lost your email address could you please email me at averypenny@hotmail.com I need to ask you something about Helping the people in Ethiopia.
thanks
Penny

K said...

Congrats on winning the award!! I love the last part of your anniversary story! :)

Bärbel said...

Hi Brianna,

congratulations on the award ;-)) We really had a great anniversary - we took a private coach on the Vienna giant weel with a bottle of champain and a gorgious view,......

I love to see te pictures of your sons as I keep comparing with our sweethard Paul - he is the best that ever happened to us in our lives and I am so thankful for having being able to travel to ethiopia to pick him up and bring him home. Well I´m also having a blog (I private oen though and of course it is in german) but if you want to have a look just send me an email and I will send you the link; b.klepp@klepp.com
Hope to hear from you!
Bärbel

Bek said...

THat is a good story. Have you read Avery's? Where they camped on the lawn of a resturaunt? It is funny too.

My daughter was born on our third anniversary.....that was the most memorable......... We haven't really "celebrated" it since (well, we have, but we just call it a birthday party instead...)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com