Sunday, July 05, 2009

Summer fun

So far it's been a pretty fun summer. It's been warm, but with lots of thunderstorms and rain. Which we love, in part because we don't have sprinklers in our lawn so unlike last summer, our grass is actually nice and green.


A few weeks ago we took the plunge and bought a 12-foot trampoline for our backyard. The kids (and Kevin) have had a ball on it so far. Sadly I have not been able to really get my trampoline groove on, being pregnant and all, but I'm thinking it might be a good cure for a late baby, should I become overdue. :) (Though I doubt that, both my other babies came right on time.)




My big kids also attended VBS in June. Here they are on the last day. They had a blast!




We've also hit up the pool a few times so far. Biniam is teaching himself how to swim and can hold his breath for a really, REALLY long time underwater. It's crazy!



And of course there's been lots of reading going on. Anna always has a willing audience.
The kids love eating lunch outside.

Kevin's parents and sister have been visiting this weekend, and the kids have been having so much fun with them. Last night we went out for pizza and then watched the fireworks. Yay for summertime!!!

2 comments:

Paige said...

That trampoline is so cool! Hooray for summer!

Joanie said...

So Precious.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com