Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sweet success

Well today went SO much better than any day in recent history, nap-wise and kid-wise. For TWO FULL HOURS my home was quiet. And peaceful. I celebrated by having some eggnog and cookies all by myself in the middle of the day. And then I went and cleaned my kitchen. :)

Tonight is "TV night" in our household--meaning it's the one night during the week where we watch a half-hour TV show. I heart "The Office"!

So yeah, in case you missed it,

quiet kids + seasonal sugary delights + sparkling countertops = a great day!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that you only watch a half hour of TV a week! I'm glad that your day went better too.

Jenna Hoskinson said...

Wow, that is awesome that Quiet Time worked! What a great thing for me to keep in mind for the future, too.

Larissa said...

Yay! Two whole hours! How wonderful! I will definitely be using that when i need to. Thanks.

joy said...

glad you had such a great day. and i love your ideas about naptime. i had to change naptime to quiet time sometime ago and it has worked. eli still takes some quiet time and he even naps frequently. i think it's good to give our kids some down time--they might be tired and not know it. plus, eli is old enough that i explained to him that when takes some quiet time he is helping me because i need some quiet time, too. anyway, i'm glad for you!

Emily said...

Just wanted to say hi. I've been stalking your blog for about a year, after hearing about your cute kids from my friend Paige (your college friend). Wanted to tell you it's one of my favorite blogs to read. If you ever want to check out my blog, email Paige and have her send me your email address, and I'll invite you.
Emily Laird

Unknown said...

Success!!! Wow!! I really can't believe you made it to the 2 hour mark SO quickly without having to 'work up' to it!! That is great!
(insert heavenly angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus here!)
:)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com