Monday, December 01, 2008

One of those days


Yeah, that was today. Life felt overwhelming and frustrating. Nothing in particular happened to make it feel that way, it just did. I was impatient with my kids, was not overly productive, and had to go out this evening to make some exchanges at KMart. I'd put some homemade burritos (that I'd previously frozen) in the oven before I left, overestimating how long they'd take to cook. And came home to find them burnt. We ate them anyway.

Meanwhile I'm blowing off my bookstudy tonight because I don't feel up to making the drive, and I'm still recovering from having sick kids and being sick myself. I forgot to tell people I wouldn't be making it. Shoot.

I guess at least I'm not alone? Poor Kevin went out at the end of the workday to find that his car battery had died, and then when he finally made it home, he stepped in dog poop ON OUR LAWN on his way into the house. And no, we don't have a dog. In part, because we don't want poop on our lawn.

Let's just say that in about ten minutes you will be able to find both of us watching old episodes of The Office in our pajamas, consuming large amounts of ice cream. (My word verification is "bolis." Doesn't that sound like a disease or something? So I guess instead of being disgruntled, I should just be glad I don't have bolis!)

7 comments:

Renee said...

Aww! I'm so sorry! (((Hugs)))

Hope tomorrow is a better day :o)

Rachel said...

We also had a battery die in the bitter cold here. Apparently old car batteries plus Colorado winter equals no way home.

I pray that tomorrow will be a much better day for you!

Anonymous said...

aw man. I'm sorry.

We all have those days :-(

Mama Mote said...

Hope you have better days ahead. As Lorraine always says, "This too shall pass." They do pass. We all have "those" days and as the seasons of life change, you have different things to deal with, but you get through those, too. I miss my girls and I miss my husband as he commutes to LAX now. I just have to remind myself - "This is only temporary...just a few more months." But I'm thankful he still has a job, I still have a job and we still have a roof over our heads. We'll see what comes up next. Have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

So sorry you had a rough day!
HUGS and GRACE to you, my sweet friend!! We missed you at book study... i almost didn't go either, for the same reasons, but i'm so glad dh encouraged me to go! i came home so refreshed!! not saying this to guilt you...like I said GRACE to you! so glad you did what you needed to do!! just know i love you. and you were missed. and praying for a better day for you (and me!) tomorrow!

darci said...

hope your evening was MUCH better! i am so relieved you don't have bolis..heehee.

Jeannett said...

I hate those days! So sorry, maybe today will be better?! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com