Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's a Thanksgiving MIRacle!

Bonus points to anyone who can identify that quote.

After I got up this morning, I began peeling apples for an apple pie...and all of a sudden I could SMELL THE APPLES. I have my sense of taste and smell back, people!!! JUST in time for Thanksgiving! I was SO thrilled that I danced around and shouted to everyone that I can indeed smell and taste again. If you think I'm weird and overreacting, well, I haven't been able to taste my food in over.a.week. So yeah. I'm rather pleased.

This morning we had a fun breakfast of cinnamon rolls, an omelet, and fruit--in the family room while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which my kids are loving (and my husband is hating.)

Later this afternoon the plan is to head down to Castle Rock to Mike and Rachel's house for Thanksgiving dinner (health allowing. Although, now that I can taste again, it'll take a lot to keep me home! I'm on antibiotics--my doctor confirmed yesterday that yes, my sinuses are quite infected. Ugh. My head and face are still pounding, but whatever. I can taste. And I had chocolate milk this morning to celebrate.)

I am bringing mashed potatoes and apple pie this afternoon. So back to the kitchen I go! Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that quote was on the best show ever, Chuck, last Monday night, but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for! Glad you're feeling better.

joy said...

charlie brown thanksgiving! we just watched that. it was very educational and peppermint patty just cracks me up. cade thought she was boy--all these years and then i had to set him straight. marcy calls her sir, so i guess he got confused as a kid? glad your sense of smell is back!

Brianna Heldt said...

Okay, I'm cracking up because apparently that quote is EVERYwhere! I was thinking of how Phoebe, on Friends, said it in one of the Thanksgiving episodes. Kevin and I quote it sometimes.

Sadly Joy my sense of smell only stayed awhile, and went away again. So sad! Come on antibiotics, work already! :)

Rachel said...

My guess would be that the quote came from Charlie Brown and shows like Chuck and Friends are using the familiar phrase. BTW, you would like Chuck. It's light and funny and has just the right level of "will these two ever get together?"

Kristen said...

I just came by to see if you had done a post for World AIDS Day, by chance...bummer! :) I know you would have something insightful & thoughtful to say on the subject...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com