Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Public Service Announcement (because I love you all so much)

Interrupting the programming of this blog to alert you to some sweet Election Day Freebies. (Yes, I've always loved free stuff--when I was around 4 or 5, I mailed in a postcard I found in my parents' Reader's Digest magazine for a free packet of info on Alberta, Canada. You cannot imAGINE my excitement when the glossy pictures and brochures arrived in the mail!)

Okay, so first, you can go to Starbucks and get a free Tall Coffee! Yes, FREE! Just head on over and say you voted--no proof necessary. (No shoes necessary either. We hit up the nearby drivethru in our pj's!)

Then, stop by Krispy Kreme donuts for a free star-shaped-with-sprinkles donut! You gotta have your "I Voted" sticker for this one.

Next, go to Ben and Jerry's for a free scoop of ice cream. Yes, FREE! All day today they are offering free ice cream, whether you voted or not, as a celebration of the election. (It was going to be tied to voting, but it came out that it's maybe against the law to do that. As in, it might be a felony. As in, Starbucks and Krispy Kreme might now be felons.)

Finally, some Chick-fil-A's are supposedly giving away free food, but I couldn't find much out online. And I guess because it's not coffee, and it's not sweets, I couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to investigate further. :)

Alright, my PSA is over. Vote, vote, vote, and then live it up with coffee, donuts and ice cream! (And you'll be so hopped up on caffeine and sugar that you'll have no problem staying up all night watching the returns come in.)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! As soon as I read your post, I loaded the kids in the car and went to Starbucks and Krispy Kreme!!! YUM!

Mama Mote said...

Brianna, you are too much! This is great. Too bad I won't be enjoying any of these things. I did try to get Dan to get me a coffee, though. Oh well. I sent in my absentee ballot a few weeks ago. Good thing...I've been sick all weekend and missed work today because of it. But ice cream would have been great. Thanks for keeping us informed.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com