Sunday, February 08, 2009

But isn't it the sabbath?!

My kids observe naptime/quiet time every single day. For a good two hours after lunch Anna and Yosef play quietly, and Biniam and Kaitlyn nap. Every day.

Except for Sundays! Whatever the reason, they refuse. Kaitlyn and Biniam don't fall asleep, and quiet time doesn't go as smoothly as it should for the other two. What is it? Are they guzzling coffee during Sunday School???

I love a lazy Sunday afternoon. Kevin will watch sports, and I like to read, nap, or make a trip to the store. Sundays are supposed to be relaxing. And laid back. So why is that the ONE day the kids are wide-awake???

Oh well. I'm looking forward to tonight because Kevin and I are taking a ministry leadership class through our church that should be really interesting. I'd initially told Kevin he should take it, but then he suggested we both do it. There are six sessions, and tonight a sweet friend is coming to stay with the kids.

So the sun is shining, the chili is simmering away in the crockpot, and Kevin's watching a basketball game. But all four kids are awake. And upstairs. Happily chattering away as they sit in the playroom coloring. Hmmm, not such a bad Sunday after all!

(I guess when your siblings are so much fun, you don't really want to nap. Here are some pics of the kids, inseperable of course!)






3 comments:

Joanie said...

Those are darling snapshots of sibling fun!

Priscilla Rynning said...

Oh, my goodness!! They are all looking so "grown up"---well, the 3 older ones are definitely NOT toddlers any more *sob* They are all blessings!!

The H Land said...

It is so great to see four of God's little blessings enjoying each other. It warms my heart. Brianna, I wanted to tell you that we are thinking of adopting a sibling set of 5, so our family may grow from 4 to 9 (including us parents) in a matter of a few months! We are praying over the decision and are certain that God will help us as needed. Thanks for sharing. I hope to have some pics to share soon too!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com