Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V Day

I finished Jane Eyre today. SUCH a beautiful story. What more can I say?

Kevin's been working, working, working on the house both last night and today...painting doors, some trim around the windows, etc. etc. Right now he's at Home Depot. It feels SO GOOD to be getting some things on our "house to-do list" checked off.

This morning my husband surprised me with a 1-pound box of chocolates from Sees Candy. OH YEAH. We're not really "gift exchangers" so this was such a sweet surprise. The kids had pink oatmeal for breakfast. Tonight we're all going out to dinner--not sure where, but we've been tossing around the idea of going for Indian or Thai food. YUM. And yes, I did indeed say all of us are going. I love eating out, and the kids get so excited, and it is just really special. We don't do it often, but I hope as they grow they'll have fond memories of those special times when we went to a yummy restaurant to celebrate something as a family.


I hope you're having a great Valentine's Day--filled with lots of love, hugs and kisses! Here are four of my favorite valentines:

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Pink Oatmeal, yum. Last year I made pink alfredo sauce for the kids pasta. This year I dressed them in hearts and called it a day. :) Have a good time at dinner!

Brenda Williams said...

We're going out as a family tonight too! We have reservations for the patio at Spirit of San Luis. We all enjoy watching the planes land and take off.
Happy V Day!

Thankfulmom said...

Jane Eyre is perhaps my all time favorite classic - such a great read! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Lisa

christine said...

hi there, i like your blog and your story!
i just wanted to add that I also love Jane Eyre!!
my 5 year old daughters name is Brontë...which maybe
tells you how MUCH i like the book...
have a great week.
Christine.

Unknown said...

I guess I know what I'm reading next! Yay!
Got Breaking Dawn for Vday, and I'm already half way through it! ;)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com