Friday, October 14, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday {#28}



1.)  I am not a morning person.  If you have ever lived with me, then you know this.  Don't get me wrong, I like when my day starts early, but it is so.hard. to get out of bed, even if I've gotten a good night's sleep.  I've always wished I could change this little fact, but alas, it is what it is!  Our current schedule only requires early wakeups (6 am) two days per week.  Thank you homeschooling!


2.)  Last night we made a late-night trip to the pharmacy to pick up our girls' giardia meds.  We were out already,on the other side of town.  Still there was no doubt in our minds that we were going to go get those prescriptions once they confirmed that the compounding was done.  They've had two doses so far, and I get positively giddy each time I administer them.  It's the little things.


3.)  Anna, my 7-year-old, is seeming so grown-up lately.  There have been multiple conversations with her recently that have left me thinking, wow, she is getting older.  I love to see how she processes the world and her faith and just the small things in life.  Raising children is so bittersweet in the sense that I'd give nearly anything to go back to when my bigger kids were babies, just for a day, but how stinking awesome is it as they grow and your relationship with them continues developing deeper and deeper?  Love.it.  And hate it, all at the same time.  :)


4.)  It was recently the feast day of the Archangels.  My kids have really been interested in angels recently as a result of discussing it, and it's kind of funny.  Anna is even writing a story about a "crime" that occurred in Heaven, where the angels are sent to spy on the lady who stole Jesus' cross(?)  Now last time I checked, there was no crime in Heaven, nor a cross, but apparently my daughter (who also knows this) has taken some literary license.  It is all kinds of awesome, for sure. 


5.)  I love Fall.  My favorite season by far.  And Fall in Denver is so, so pretty--our street has so many huge trees and when the leaves turn, oh my goodness, it is gorgeous.


6.)  Yesterday an ambulance almost ran me, and my big van, off the road.  Whilst honking at me.  Sorry emergency medical response, I was doing my best to get into the other lane...but, um, I have a big van, and there was a lot of traffic.


7.)  My son broke his oatmeal bowl this morning.  While I really like this set of bowls (kind of a harvest-y yellowish mustard color), I am glad that I buy inexpensive, second-hand stuff.  Because when it breaks?  No big loss.  (But did I mention I really liked the bowl?  Apparently, cheap or not, I am still sad.  Boo.)





Thank you to Jen at Conversion Diary for hosting!!!! 

(Have you ever read her blog?  It's a good one.)





 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com