Friday, October 07, 2011

Keeping it real

So after my "What I Wore Wednesday" post went up, a close friend emailed me saying she was beginning to question her own parenting abilities, being that I wore real clothes three days that week. 

Bwahahaha!

I'm laughing because I responded with this:

Parenting abilities...ummm...did you SEE _______ throwing and spitting food all over me at soccer practice yesterday?! Ha! I started my day off today cleaning PLEGHM off the carpet that _______ had spit. And just now I changed a HUGE, nasty, parasitic diaper...and the entire front part of the house smells AWFUL. Seriously, SO GROSS!!!!! AND before THAT, _______ peed so much in her diaper that she soaked her pants....Good times over here, hehehe.

First of all, how awesome is it that I have friends who I can tell The Most Yuckiest of Stuff to, and they STILL want to be my friends?!

Second, I know bloggers say this all the time, but it's true:  what people see on your blog is such a small snapshot of your day, much less your LIFE.  I don't like complaining on my blog (usually), or putting the worst-of-the-worst out there front and center (usually).  Not because I want people to think I live a charmed existence (although in many ways I do!), but because I don't like defining my life by the bad stuff. 

And Motherhood is unique because while (like with anything else) there is both good and bad to be found in the daily grind, it is ultimately good.  Raising children, loving and nurturing them, allowing yourself to be changed by them and by your sacrifice, is good.  For you, for your husband, for your kids, for the Church, and for the world.

I love that my friend wrote back with:
I feel much better now.  Your poopy house and spitty floor have served their purpose.  : )

Aren't good friends the best?  The email exchange made me laugh, I lit some candles to make the house smell better, and I went on my merry way with some good perspective.

So the moral of the story?  Now you know (if you didn't already) that it can get pretty crazy 'round the ol' Heldt house. 

And now you also know that if you and I become close friends, you might have to hear about The Most Yuckiest of Stuff.  You can't say you haven't been warned!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com