Wednesday, October 05, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Taking a break from all of the heavier posts, and doing something completely random and superficial today.  :)  (I would say it's vain, except there's nothing vain when I do "What I Wore Wednesday"--remember the bathing suit top I wore to church?!  'Nuff said.  :)  )

I'm linking up with Lindsey for What I Wore Wednesday.

As a homeschooling, stay-at-home-as-much-as-possible mom, I'm trying to make an effort to, um, get dressed each day.  (I say "trying to make an effort", because I'm not entirely sure I want to make the effort.  I'm so that person that likes to be comfortable, and am happy to remain in my pjs all the livelong day.  BUT, I don't want that for my kids so much--memories of mom living in her sweats, except for when we leave the house.) 

Here are my attempts for the week (well technically just since Sunday, since that's when I started taking pictures.  Of myself.  Which is rather awkward and unusual.  There was one I took of my face, but Kevin said I looked crazed.  So headless me it is.)  The vast majority of my clothing comes from the slightly stinky thrift store near my house, because while I love clothes, I don't love PAYING a lot for clothes.  Yes, I'm a total cheapskate, and rather proud of it.  :)

So, I'm going to attempt to do this each Wednesday.  To keep things light during a somewhat crazy and more than a little nerve-wracking time in my life.  There will probably be a fair share of yoga pants + tshirt pics because, well, being comfy rocks.  :) 





Sunday.  Mass and thrifting and relaxing.

dress--thrifted
sweater--Target clearance
boots--thrifted
scarf--Ethiopia





Monday.  Homeschooling and a friend visiting.

camisole--Forever 21
tank top--Target clearance
skirt--thrifted




Tuesday.  Homeschooling and soccer practice.

tank top (complete with wrinkles--see, I told you I wasn't vain!)--Target clearance
sweater--Target clearance
skirt--Target clearance (four years ago)



As you can see, nothing exciting or remotely interesting, but sometimes you just want to read something mindless on a Wednesday.

And I didn't mention Down syndrome, adoption, my seven children, or heart surgery once!  :)


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com