Friday, June 22, 2012

7 Quick Takes through InstaFriday {#4}

Linking up again today with Jeannett at Life Rearranged for Insta Friday, and Jennifer at Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes Friday!  Every Friday here at Just Showing Up I take you back through my week through my grainy cell phone pics.  It's such a fun way to catalogue what we've been up to, and give you a little glimpse into our lives.

And I apologize for the lack of posting over this past week--we had family in town, I've been shuttling some of my kids back and forth to church each day, and I'm also in the midst of working on some super exciting and fun changes to the blog.  But not to worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming soon.  :)

**********




1.)  Sometimes when you're two, there's nothing like drinking strawberry lemonade out of a fancy cup.  (Last Friday my oldest daughter had a friend over, so clearly strawberry lemonade was a must.  And the siblings all got to have some too.)





2.)  Pancakes with fresh strawberries for breakfast Saturday morning.  I rarely make a big breakfast, but my in-laws were in town and my husband kids were begging for pancakes.  Yum!





3.)  Saturday evening we attended the birthday party of some sweet kiddos.  And Mary rather enjoys this little plastic car anytime we go to their house.  She seems so grown up in this picture!  My baby is getting old.  Boo. 




4.)  Last Sunday night we got to attend the baptism of a baby of some dear friends.  It was so, so precious.  My daughter Kaitlyn made this card, and this cross out of scraps of wood and masking tape.  :)  What a truly remarkable miracle to witness, this sweet little girl receiving the Sacrament of Baptism.





5.)  This week my three oldest kids have been attending Totus Tuus (Latin for "Totally Yours") at our parish.  They've loved it!  Daily Mass, fun songs, games, a water fight, prayer, a dinner, and instruction in the faith.  Not sure what they're going to do with themselves when the week is over!





6.)  When you're not quite old enough to attend Totus Tuus, what is a girl to do?  Have a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house, of course!  Here Kaitlyn is, when I dropped her off.  She went swimming at the pool, shopped for a new outfit and toys, got to select the menu (which included pumpkin pie for breakfast), and had a giant bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub.  It's a wonder she was willing to come home!  Time like this is so good for my middle child's soul.



7.)  It occurs to me that we've been so very busy this week that I really haven't taken many pictures!  (Thus no photo for #7.)  Lunch at the park with a friend a couple of times, hanging out at my parents' house, and shopping and out to dinner with girlfriends.  Our life is full, and I love it.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com