Friday, June 08, 2012

7 Quick Takes through InstaFriday {#2}

 So I'm linking up again with Jeannett over at Life Rearranged for InstaFriday.  I'm loving this way of looking back through my week through Instagram, and remembering the good, the bad, and the crazy!

And, because I have seven images, I'm also linking up with Jennifer at Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes Friday.  I know this is cheating.  It's probably against the rules.  And, I'm clearly doing it anyway.  Because I'm a blogging rebel.  And, I want to be able to do both, but I'm sure not putting up TWO posts every Friday.  Because really, I'm lazy like that.

******





Oh, this girl.  My parents (who live in Littleton now) have been super sick, and we hadn't seen them in awhile, so we went to visit on Saturday.  And my mom cooked for us, even though she wasn't feeling well.  Because grandmas do that.  And, clearly, granddaughters love it.





Every girl needs a walking stick, right?  Sunday afternoon we met up at the park for a picnic with our Catholic homeschooling group.  (Translated: we hung out with some great friends on Sunday.)  On our walk back to the car, Mary discovered this stick, which she insisted on using the.en.ti.re.way.  When we finally got to our van, I had her lay the stick down...and she said "Goodbye, stick."  She is just too, too much. 





Also on Sunday.  It's not every girl who, all of a sudden, at the drop of a hat, gets a sister her age.  Buddies for life.





Summer.  Sisters.  Dresses.  Dirty socks from playing outside.  Books.  Love.





So we live in the city, people.  And in the city, you have to move your car for the streetsweeper each month.  Every street has a different day that cars can't be parked on it, and sometimes you get yourself a lovely little ticket like this when you forget to move your car.  $50.  I am so buying a farm.






Some dear friends of ours open up their beautiful backyard each year for regular summer movie nights.  Think popcorn, a big screen, lots of grassy space, and people everywhere.  Some of us come early to hang out and play and use their zipline.  So.incredibly.fun.






Here the kids are, all cozy and ready for the movie to start.  This picture makes me so happy!  That's Mekdes and Anna in the foreground, you can see Yosef and Kaitlyn in the top right, Tigist right below Kaitlyn, and part of Biniam next to Tigist.  Mary was hanging out by the popcorn machine.  Naturally.  I could go on and on about the amazing community of friends that God has brought into our lives over this past year, but I think the photo speaks for itself.  Blessed.  Beyond measure.




 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com