Friday, June 15, 2012

7 Quick Takes through InstaFriday {#3}

Linking up this week with my friends Jeannett at Life Rearranged, and Jen at Conversion Diary!  Here is the Heldt Week in Review, as told through my cell phone pics.




1.)  I love to shop.  And, so do my girls.  Saturday afternoon we browsed our local Catholic bookstore, and then discovered a fun second-hand shop nearby.  I love spending this precious time with my daughters.



  
2.)  At the aforementioned second-hand shop, I found this fun yellow (yes, I'm mildly obsessed with this color) bird, and this necklace.  I was a little unsure about such chunky and, let's face it, cheap-looking jewelry, but I also thought it was kind of fun.  So I bought it.  And my husband detests it.  I believe his exact words were: "That necklace looks like it was designed by a psychologically wounded child."  I pretended to be offended, but deep down, comments like that that remind me why I married the guy.  He's darn funny.  Rude, but funny.





3.)  Surprise date night!  At 4:00 in the afternoon I got a phone call from the "Rocky Mountain Dating Service", saying childcare was arranged and to be ready to go on a date with a "distinguished gentleman" at 6:30 pm.  Thai food, downtown, beautiful evening, best husband ever.





4.)  Thai iced tea.  I love this drink more than anything.  I downed two of them.  Could have had more.  Wanting one now.




5.)  Sometimes the urge strikes to listen to country music.  I know.  I'm sorry, but it really is true--I love me some Johnny Cash and Diamond Rio, espeically in the summertime.  Makes me happy.  Anyway, my boys were pretending they were riding horses and roping whilst my music blared in the kitchen.  They loved it!  My daughter, on the other hand, was less than impressed.  Which should probably comes as no surprise considering the fact that she was singing Aerosmith songs at three years old.  Clearly Kevin got to her first.





6.)  My crew.  Loving life at Costco.  Contrary to what this picture seems to indicate, Mary was happy to be there, and Tigist was wearing pants.  And this may sound crazy, but I'm a big believer in taking kids along on errands.  Like I actually have philosophical thoughts on this.  I really, really feel they ought to participate in society, it's a chance to get out of the house in a mundane, real-life sort of way, and it's quality time together.  And, I don't want my kids to feel that because there were so many of them, they never got to go to the store with mama.
 




7.)  Airport pickup.  My in-laws own a plane, and flew themselves here from California for a visit.  Fun!  And, my kids clearly have a future in the bellhop industry.



 
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com