Monday, May 07, 2007

A future in the fashion industry?

Today the weather was really warm, and so the kids and I were preparing to go spend our morning in the backyard. After our shower (yes, I showered today with three toddlers), I put on a comfy pair of black shorts and a grey tshirt (don't know about you other moms but when I'm home all day and we're going to be outside, I go for the comfort factor! Plus most of my clothes still don't fit again yet.) After I put my clothes on, Anna said,

"Mommy, your clothes don't match."

"What? Why don't they match?"

"You've got black shorts and a grey shirt. They don't match."

Wow. Only three years old and she's telling me that my clothes are uncool! I thought this didn't happen until your kid was a teenager! (Anna also called me a T-Rex the other day, but I'm pretty sure it was because she was playing pretend. Or at least that's what I've been telling myself!)

9 comments:

Lisa Leonard said...

I thought black and grey matched, too? ask anna what colors go with black for me!

Kristen Borland said...

me too. hmmm, anna must be really ahead of the fashion curve. a pioneer!

Brianna Heldt said...

I know! I thought they went together also. Hmm, I'll have to ask her what goes with black.

Anonymous said...

I know your pain, we were shopping last month and I said "Look at this cute dress Hannah (she is really into dresses)." She said "No mommy, purple is YOUR favorite color, I wear pink, red or Dark blue." I keep asking myself if I missed a year, or 10? She can't really be only 3.5?!?!

Allison Brown said...

I love reading all your posts sharing your little one's "insights!" Makes me anticipate when my own starts "saying the darndest things." Cute!

Jeannett said...

I took my little sister with me to go for a wedding dress fitting...she was 6 at the time...in the fitting room she scoffed and said "Jeannett! Oh no! You have purple undies and a black bra! They don't even match!" Um, okay...

darci said...

too funny! this pregnancy i had both girls' in the change room with me while i was trying on maternity clothes. (not really as fun as it sounds....). My little one looked at me and said, "i don't know mommy, i don't think stripes are really your thing." they are so funny. who needs girlfriends to tell you if your butt looks ok in something if you have your own little fashion critics along, eh? darci :)

erika said...

Hilarious. Just before Aiden was born... I guess Nicole was about two and a half, she began giving free fashion advice to anyone who would listen. One day she said to Kelly while he was getting dressed, "Daddy, that doesn't match." He looked at me for reassurance, but I could give him none. She was pretty much spot on most of the time. "Whatever," he said, "if this baby is another girl, you guys just pick out my clothes in the morning and be done with it." Sadly, I still ask Nicole's opinion which shoes to wear on a Sunday morning. She has me convinced she really has good taste.

Unknown said...

Hehe, that tickled me!

I have to say I disagree though. Black and grey look fine together. Don't worry!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com