Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Our weekend


Taking a break from my usual random musings on life to share about our weekend. Nothing exciting but it's what we did. Kevin has every other Friday off, and he had this past Friday off, so that day we got stuff done around the house. Saturday morning I made vanilla crepes for breakfast--yum! We had them with powdered sugar and butter and they were super good. (I try to make something fun for breakfast each Saturday; usually it's pancakes but I am branching out a little. Last week was French toast and now this past Saturday crepes.)






Then we headed out to the backyard to enjoy the beautiful sunshine! The weather was wonderful. The kids had a blast drawing with their sidewalk chalk from Grandma and Grandpa Perruzzi, and Kevin organized races for them (the kids love to race!)

Sunday we stayed home from church (shhhh!) because that evening we were going to a church banquet and it would have been a bit much for the kids to go up to SLO twice (they would have had abbreviated naps and that wouldn't have been good!) We read some Bible stories with the kids, sang some songs and just hung out. Got some more housework done and then late afternoon headed up to SLO. At the banquet (I love Madonna Inn cake!) we got to sit with Andy and Jim but no Troy and Becky (they were at another table). Or Jeannett, who remains the sole Santa Maria growth group member who has not attended anything at the Madonna expo. :)
So that's it. What do all of you enjoy doing on the weekends with your kids????

7 comments:

Jeannett said...

Look, I'm just holding out for the big birthday bash I'm sure you're all planning for me at the Expo!

Kristen Borland said...

daddy always makes yummy breakfasts on saturdays, and mommy gets to sleep in!!! i love the weekends because we are all home!!!

Kristen Borland said...

oh, and i meant to say what fun pictures!!! oh my goodness, this time the word verification is stinkin' long!

Samantha said...

We do a special breakfast on Saturday mornings too: Belgian Waffles with strawberries and apple sauce. Bennett gets to watch videos and always watches Ask This Old House on PBS, it's his favorite show. Jeromy usually works around the house and I try to relax and take the day pretty easy. I try to get my housework and laundry done by Friday so that I can rest and just have fun. (I watch my favorite show on Saturday morning too, America's Test Kitchen on PBS.)

Anonymous said...

We always go to Franks for breakfast on Saturday mornings, and Shane's parents usually meet us there. Then they come over to our house for a couple hours for their play date with the kids. Shane works about 3 Saturdays/month so in some ways it feels like a week day to me.

Allison Brown said...

I love the weekends! Tim usually takes Kaylin when she wakes up and plays with her so I can sleep in. Sometimes he makes breakfast for all of us (waffles or french toast and eggs), and sometimes not. After breakfast, we usually clean up around the house, relax a little, sometimes we run errands. A lot of times we drive into Sacramento so the grandparents can see Kaylin.

Lisa Leonard said...

great photos!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com