Thursday, July 12, 2007

Being the youngest of four can be hazardous to your health

As you can imagine Kaitlyn has a rather exciting life, being the youngest in our crazy family. Here are some highlights of her day so far:


I got her dressed and put a hairclip in her hair before laying her down on a blanket in the family room. Biniam (who adores her and always seeks her out to play with) immediately came to sit by her, and I left the room for approximately three minutes. Upon returning, I found Biniam trying to roll her over ("Be gentle! That's too rough!" I shouted), and Kaitlyn all smiles (obviously enjoying the rough and tumble game with big brother)...without a hairclip. Upon asking Biniam where it was, I was informed that he put it in his mouth and ATE IT. Guess I'll find out for sure in a day or two...




Clearly Biniam is aspiring to be a dentist one day...and practicing on his baby sister, who seemed perfectly pleased to be getting a dental checkup. Becky must have inspired him! ("Do NOT put that in her mouth!" I admonished.)



Anna decided she wanted to do Kaitlyn's hair, and is attempting to put a hairclip in it. ("Anna, don't hurt her head please" I advised.)



And last night, we went to our church for Grace Summer Nights. There was this big, crazy human foosball game with beachballs we were all playing, and Kaitlyn got tagged in the head by a ball about three times. Do you think this phased her? Nope!



Never a dull moment for sweet Katie Jane!!! I cannot WAIT to see what this girl's personality is going to be like!

7 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

That little girl is going to get sooo loved on all her life! What great siblings!

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

Biniam the dentist! I can't believe he ate the hair clip. She is going to be one easy going, mellow kid. All that love and attention has to be good for her.. as long as they don't sit on her too much!

Kristen Borland said...

what a gal! ;) she's going to have the best self confidence with all that love!

Allison Brown said...

Very cute! And so glad that she easily goes with the flow! That must be nice! (And I can't believe he actually ate the hairclip! Glad he didn't choke on it! Kids!)

Rachel said...

ahhh... toddlers verses newborns. The big kids win everytime. And what is it wihth newborn heads being magnets for flying objects?

Sara said...

Heh, the baby is always sweet. I was friends with a family with six kids, and everyone would always talk about how sweet the youngest was, and the older ones would always crack back, "Yeah, well, I'd be sweet too if everyone always wanted to play with me and gave me everything I ever wanted." Cute.

Jeannett said...

I just love seeing the difference between first borns and fourth kids...they're always so laid back, easy going and up for anything! Katie will be so well adjusted as an adult!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com