Monday, October 06, 2008

New friends, new book


My friend Angela, who lives about 30 minutes north of me, has these magical powers of coersion. She somehow convinced me to join her homeschooling group, that's centered up north in the Broomfield/Erie area. They have occasional field trips, big group meetings about once a month, etc. (Plus I'm wanting to meet and connect with other moms, being that I just moved here. AND explore the idea of homeschooling a bit more.) Last Monday night I drove up to Erie (40 minutes away) for the first bookstudy meeting. And these women were so nice to me and just so wonderful! They have kids from all over the world too--pretty cool. Anyway, I kinda assumed I wouldn't be a regular attender of the every-other-week study group because these days 40-minutes-away feels pretty far. (We're so spoiled now, having most everything right nearby!) But then I checked out the youtube video by the author of the book today, and was mentally saying "amen!" to pretty much everything she was saying.


So I'm off to Erie again tonight. :) And Jennifer is coming with me (she also joined the homeschool group on Angela's reccomendation--I tell you, it's magic!), so the drive up will be wonderful!


Anyway, has anyone out there read any of Sally Clarkson's books? I'd never heard of her. But what I heard today really resonated with me as a mom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes and yes. We use the "The Whole Hearted Child" daily ;) it's awesome. Congrats on your group. That's fun.

darci said...

yes, I love sally clarkson books..she has a blog too! one of the best books i have EVER read is 'the mission of motherhood' written by her..and i second the 'wholehearted child'..oh how i wish i had a homeschooling group like that..no dice in small town saskatchewan. :)sally's blog is at

http://wholeheart.typepad.com/itakejoy/
darci ;)

Brianna Heldt said...

okay i'd never heard of her before! i'm going to have to read some of these books!

Unknown said...

I have magical powers!? Why didn't you tell me! What else can I coerse you to do? My laundry? Highlight my hair, maybe? Maegan keeps telling me its not blonde, it's brown... "especially on the top, mom." Ouch.
Anyway...SO glad you and Jenn came and are coming next time! It was AWESOME. I'm thrilled!!
And for the record, this is the first SC book I've read, too!

Mandy said...

I love listening to (and reading) Sally Clarkson. I have heard her speak at a homeschool conference a couple times and was so encouraged by her. I have not read Seasons though, so now I'm going to have to go get it. :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com