Monday, June 25, 2007

Letter to my eldest daughter

Dear Anna,

This morning when you ran into the house from the backyard, and were about to run back outside, Mommy noticed you had a piece of toilet paper clutched in your fingers. When I asked you why, you said it was "nothing", with a gleam in your eye. Mommy kept asking, but you wouldn't tell her why, and that's when Mommy noticed something red on the toilet paper. Mommy needed to find out what it was, but you refused, elevating your hand high above your head, and even started to cry when I chased after you.

Sweet Anna, if you cut your finger on the big plant outside, PLEASE tell Mommy. I know you enjoy doing things all by yourself, and apparently now this includes secretly treating your own wounds, but Mommy should know so that we can use some Neosporin and a Sesame Street bandaid.

Love, Mommy

P.S. It is always an adventure raising such an independent little girl!

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Okay, I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or get on my knees and pray fervently for you and Kevin. Maybe I'll do both. =)

Dearest Anna, it's good sometimes to ask for help and to be helped. We need each other. God made it that way.

Samantha said...

I can't imagine what that would be like! When Bennett sees blood, you would think that the world was coming to an end. DRAMA! Rachel is much tougher, but would never self-treat her own ouchies. I am still laughing at your letter :o)

Kristen Borland said...

oh, goodness, little anna!

Jacquelyn said...

When Zak and Eliot play outside with their sister and she gets hurt sometimes I don't find out about it until I find the trail of soggy t.p. wads in the sink. You can't watch them every second I guess! Hope you all are feeling better!

Life in Fitzville said...

This letter is too funny. We had a similar incident the other day when our youngest girl got ahold of the forbidden scissors.

Me said...

Hi!
I just came across your blog and its great!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com