Monday, April 27, 2009

(not really) Wise beyond her years

Anna, to Kevin this morning, while I was still in bed:

"Mommy is tired because of the baby in her tummy. And from dealing with four kids...and you."

Ha! OH how we laughed about that one. I promise I didn't teach her that, and for the record I do NOT badmouth Kevin to the kids (or to anyone for that matter). So in spite of Anna's 5-year-old observations...

The truth of the matter is I'd be lost without Kevin's hard work, support, and sense of humor. Raising a family is intense, and draining, and our marriage is really a partnership. (On a side note I can't hear the word "intense" without thinking of that Flight of the Conchords song "Business Time." Hehehe.) I remember having a discussion as we started the process to adopt, about expectations and the reality of raising so many little ones at once. What that would mean for each of us in terms of parenting and household responsibilities. Both of our workloads increased dramatically but in many ways I believe it was more of a shift for Kevin, since he works hard all day and then comes home to multiple kids, and a generally pregnancy-and-toddler-induced-exhausted wife. I feel very supported as a wife and mom from my husband--which is huge when you have four, soon to be five, kids!

Apparently this has turned into a cheesy tribute to my husband. But he's a great guy. (And not just because when I tell him things like, "I feel like in a year or two God may have us adopt again--sorry", he responds with, "Don't apologize, I'm as adventurous as the next guy!" Though that may be part of it. :) )

Love you Kev! I LIKE having to deal with you!!!

8 comments:

this is us said...

"that's why they call them business socks"

my favorite line of Business Time. :)

Oh! And "two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven"

Well - I just love the whole song.

Rachel said...

Well, I was exhausted after "dealing" with everyone for 3 hours at the party yesterday. So tired in fact that I put sunscreen on Ainsley's diaper rash last night. The moral of that story is that I shouldn't have 13 kids 5 and under. :)

Brianna Heldt said...

HA! the business socks line is my favorite line too!!! we joke about that all the time.

joy said...

You guys are a good team!

Unknown said...

totally cheese. but, i love it anyway. and...why don't i know that song? off to find it on itunes now...

Unknown said...

Okay...totally cracking up.
For those of you wanting a laugh...here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

ah yeah...that's it...

i'm quite sleepy.

Brianna Heldt said...

HA angela! yes, LOVE the "that's it". so glad that jennifer and i could officially introduce you to "business time." enjoy!!!

Krystal said...

Ha! Anna called you out Bro! :D So great...I just shared it with a bunch of my girls! Also...in love with Flight of the Concords! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com