Thursday, September 09, 2010

Bliss

My three oldest are off at their one-day-a-week public school program.  Which means I only have my two youngest with me at home today.

I've never had just two kids before.  Ever.

And I need to tell you, having only TWO KIDS at home is CRAZY!

Crazy as in:
super quiet, laid back, I-could-get-used-to-this crazy.

All I need is a Pina Colada with a little umbrella.

The minute we hit the door after dropping off the bigger kids, Kaitlyn ran downstairs to play.  Mary began attacking a pile of baby toys.  Kevin's parents are in town and at one point they took the two girls for a walk, and it was just ME in my house!  Just plain nuts, I tell you.

I can already tell that Thursdays around here are going to be niiiiiiiiiiice.

And that I need to add Pina Colada mix and rum to my shopping list.




6 comments:

joy said...

ha ha--if i didn't already love you, reading that you're adding pina colada mix and rum to your shopping list would make me love you. instantly.

Jennifer Isaac said...

I hear ya! Just wait til NO one's home. :) The one drawback is that I feel intense pressure to use these rare kidless hours to clean. Boo. In that sense, I'm lucky it only happens about 30 times a year!

joy said...

oh and i hear it's not good to drink alone. so, feel free to email me when you're pouring and then you're not alone. i do that with another friend and it seems to work well :)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...I can imagine! I actually got all four of mine down for a nap on Sunday and had a similar type of experience. But not QUITE as good as them actually being somewhere else for a few hours.

OneThankfulMom said...

My Thursdays are going to be great too. My friend offered to take the boys to story hour at the library. Last week I had to use the time to get groceries and I nearly cried. This week I have much better plans -- writing!

Unknown said...

oh...Enjoy, my sweet friend! And, have a drink for me!

I, on the other hand, had a bunch of little ones on Thursday! :) 3 of which were yours! And! I loved it!
They are all so so sweet in class. i adore them all. They are a joy!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com