Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two of my favorite things

Mary Lu and Oreos.

There is a story behind this picture.

We were at the annual Ethiopian adoptive families picnic several weeks ago.
A sweet little friend of ours offered to keep her eye on Mary Lu while I went and got myself some dessert (not too far away--I could still see Mary from where I was.)

When I returned, this was how I found Mary.



Attempting to devour an Oreo.

Because apparently our friend had decided that Mary needed a cookie, too.

And I must be "that mom", because instead of immediately taking the cookie away, I grabbed my camera to take some pictures.

The funny thing is, this same sweet friend of ours was plying all of my kids with cookies all afternoon long.  After she'd doled them all out, she'd go back for another handful.  When we were leaving, she made sure to hand out a bunch more.  For the road.  SO AWESOME.  Junk food really ought to be standard issue for kids in the summertime, don't you think?

I'm fairly certain that Mary Lu is our youngest to have indulged in an Oreo.  She seemed to like it.  Which is no surprise, because I really like them too!



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com