Thursday, February 17, 2011

I have bronchitis.

The frequent cough. 

The hoarse voice. 

The exhaustion.

So.not.fun.

I also have a little girl who is supposed to be having her seventh birthday party on Saturday.  Her very first drop-off party.  With sweet friends and family.

Not sure if that's happening now.

I'm resting like crazy, trying to kick this thing.

I'm much better today than I was yesterday or two days ago, but I'm definitely not 100%.

Then there are some new friends we've been trying to get together with for dinner.  Who I've already had to cancel with on account of sickness.  Who now I'll have to put off indefinitely.  Awkward.

I had to blow off my volunteer commitment to lunch duty today at the kids' school.  We all stayed home.  I know I put the school in a bad position (even though I let them know yesterday), but I couldn't find a replacement, and I literally couldn't go.  I've been stressed out about that all day long.  (I'm a hopeless people pleaser.)

And my boys missed singing their Spanish song onstage today.  That makes me so, so sad.

I don't like being sick, especially indefinitely.  I don't like having to cancel commitments, I don't like not showing up to stuff, and I don't like having to make a decision about whether or not to go through with my kid's birthday party they've been looking forward to.

Basically I'm a big huge whiner today.  You'd think that having five kids, I'd be a little more capable of rolling with life's random punches.  In the grand scheme of things this is SO not a big deal.  At all.  But still I'm bummed.  I think primarily because I don't like disappointing other people.  Ugh, I have issues!  :)

Anyway, if you hear faint coughing in the distance, it's probably me, and you can say a prayer that I beat this thing in the next 24 hours.  Totally realistic, right?  :)


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com