Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Latest

This morning I had an email in my inbox from the head of our agency. Said she contacted the family's social worker yesterday, and didn't hear back. If she doesn't hear back today she will be calling the family directly (thank goodness!) tomorrow. She also said (I had asked in an email why they are only talking through this third-party social worker) that the social worker had wanted to be an intermediary. Pretty weird, and from that I am thinking that this family doesn't want to deal with AAI at all. The lady also mentioned that at this point she has no idea what is going on with the family, etc...well that makes two of us! She also said she really does believe this will work out eventually. Will keep you posted...

5 comments:

shell said...

CRAZY! It is amazing this isnt resolved yet! They better have a good reason. I think of you often and pray that God is giving you peace from him!

Bärbel said...

What on earth do they mean by "eventuelly" - are they crazy???!! Every day is a lost day for those boys so they better get moving to get things straightened out!!

Brianna Heldt said...

Yeah Shelley it is amazing that this is not resolved yet. Frustrating too! And Barbel I agree that they need to get moving, I cannot believe it is taking so long. If they're contacting the family today I hope that between today and tomorrow there will be news...

Shana said...

Hi Brianna,

I have been "lurking" at your blog for the past couple of days. My husband and I are also using AAI for an Ethiopian adoption, and so it is interesting hearing about your progress since you are ahead of us (we just sent the application in this week). I am keeping you in my prayers as I can't even imagine how stressful this situation must be for you.

Brianna Heldt said...

Shana, thanks for the kind words. I am glad you posted! I hope things go smoothly for you guys with the adoption. Have you decided what age range, etc. you are requesting?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com