Friday, May 12, 2006

Fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house


Yosef and Biniam made their first trip to Grandma and Grandpa Perruzzi's house (my parents) last weekend. Friday night Kevin had plans to go to Magic Mountain so I took the kids to visit my mom and dad (who live an hour from us.)

The weather was nice and warm, so we ended up out on the patio. My parents have a fountain that Anna's always enjoyed playing with. Well sitting in front of the fountain was this big glass pot that for some reason was filled with water. AND for some reason Anna and the boys LOVED playing in the pot of water!

It began when Bin dumped the pot over, and was therefore sitting in water. I thought for sure he would cry, but he laughed! Pretty soon all three kids were playing, splashing, laughing hysterically and having a ball. So much so that they must have played like this for an hour, and went back to playing the same game the next day! Kids are so awesome--I love that they're so easily entertained!

Grandma and Grandpa Perruzzi's house was a big hit, as usual. Because we have two more kids now (and Anna doesn't use a crib anymore), we had to come up with a new sleeping arrangement for her. My mom had a good idea and bought Anna her very own, special "big girl" sleeping bag--in hot pink! Anna loves it! Here's a picture of my mom reading to Anna on the sleeping bag at naptime:

Another highlight was that Anna got to help Grandma make pancakes in the morning, something Anna loves getting to do. When I see Anna doing things like that, I reflect on how "grown up" she's becoming. And I wonder when it happened! Anyway here's a picture of Anna stirring the pancake batter--my little girl is growing up:

5 comments:

Jeannett said...

Could you be any cuter?! This is one thing that makes me sad for when we have kids...no grandparents anywhere nearby. The closest are 3 HOURS away! :0(

Shana said...

My daughter's favorite place is also on a chair next to our kitchen island helping me prepare - anything!

5KidMom said...

Gotta love grandparents! They find the time to think of things like hot pink sleeping bags and have extra patience for the bigger messes that come from letting little ones help in the kitchen.

Rachel said...

I actually teared up with the pic of Anna stirring the pancakes. When did she get so big?

KelseyChristine said...

Aww they are all too cute. In the picture Yosef is wearing an outfit almost identical to the one my little brother Aaron Tariku was wearing today! They look a little bit alike...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com