Sunday, March 02, 2008

I guess we take separate vacations now

I'm back. We've been out of town, but in different places. Kevin's out in Denver and I've been at my parents' house with the kids (about one hour north of here). Both of us left Thursday morning.

Not sure about you but I really don't like being apart from my husband! This is the longest we've gone without seeing each other since being married--three nights and four days. I know, I know, that's not that long in the grand scheme of things, but it FEELS long, and I miss him!

I'm excited because we're picking him up from the airport tonight.

Me and the kids had a blast with my parents, and also got to spend Thursday at my dear friend's house--we've been BFF's since third grade. :) She has two sweet little girls that my kids love to play with, so we spent the day outside jumping on the trampoline, taking a walk, etc. They live on lots of acreage and it is SO beautiful! (My kids are total city kids, it cracks me up. Anna's petrified of getting the least bit muddy, Yosef was flipping out because his hands got dirty...hilarious. Guess that's what happens when you live in tract housing.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the husband later. I hope you all had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Jeannett said...

Really? You don't like being away from him? I love it when Andy leaves! Just kidding! Andy's been going out of town on business more and more lately...in fact, he's leaving again tomorrow for three days...but I have to remind myself...there are many wives who have their husbands overseas fighting in WARS for 8-10 months! So, I'll take Andy at some geek conference wearing a pocket protector for three days! :)

Rachel said...

Hehe Mike is leaving for four nights later this month just for the fun of it. And obviously I leave with the kids to go see my parents once a year, usually five nights. The big thing for me will be a girls weekend I am taking in May where I won't see any of them for three days, four nights. My heart breaks just thinking about no hubby and no kids. It will be a fun trip, but...

I hope Kevin survuved Sunday. I know he had some freeway driving planned. It was definitely some good insight to blizzard conditions. I stayed home with the kiddos and canceled some plans I had for later in the day, like grocery shopping. We are going to be hungry today!

Jacquelyn said...

You've never been apart for more than 3 days?! How did you manage that? The longest Phillip and I have been apart was when I was in in Israel for 3 week (which was only 6 months after we got married and I was about 2 months pregnant). The way we figure it we spend almost 2 weeks to a month apart a year due to trips to see family and business, but you're right Jeannette, at least it's not Iraq!

Brianna Heldt said...

rachel yes kevin survived. he said it was fine but a little crazy. :) it's hard being away from your kids! we've been away from them for a week at the longest and it was so hard. i think the key is probably staying busy.

well jacqueline kevin doesn't travel for his job. and with four kids ages four and under it's just not really practical for either of us to be gone for a long time. we share in the work to raise them together. we really value kevin having time with them on a daily basis. true, he could be in the military or working at a job that required a lot of travel, but then again that's why we'd never pursue those lifestyles--we'd hate it, and it's not the life we want for our family.

Rachel said...

We drove by the building that Mike was offered a job at two years ago. It was a GREAT salary, they provided a car, but they also provided 40 percent of travel time away form us. Obviously he didn't take it. I asked him on Saturday as we drove by the "what could have been" building if he regretted not taking it. He responded with a big NOPE. You are right, we'd hate that lifestyle, it just isn't what we want for our family.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com