Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Nearly 1


Katie Jane turns 1 on Friday! Can this really be? Has it REALLY been a year since she was born? Where is the time going???


I feel like it's been a pretty hard year, with all of her medical issues, recurring infections, etc. But she's doing well, and is so much fun, and a true blessing to our family. She has brought me more joy than I can describe!!! I remember being pregnant with her and having someone at church (who I don't know) ask if she was an "accident" and when I said politely (biting my tongue, because who really likes being asked that question about the baby you love growing inside you?!) that she wasn't, this person just couldn't believe why on earth we'd add a baby to the mix with three toddlers. All I can say is, I'm glad that we did because I just can't picture life without this little girl!


Whatever you think of family planning, I assure you that timing isn't everything, that blessings come in all different forms, and while I know many probably question our timing and sanity on a regular basis, we, and the Lord, think it's just fine! It can be hard sometimes seemingly going against the grain, but when I look in my baby girl's eyes I know that I am blessed.
Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Psalm 127:3

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Well put and what what a beautiful little "gift" she is!

Stacey said...

Well said! We get stuff along those lines too. Except people want to know WHY we would want more children when our girls (20 & 16) are grown and we are so close to having freedom. My freedom is found in Christ, not by my children growing up and leaving the house. All of our kids are a wonderful blessing and we are so THANKFUL the Lord has given us the pleasure of parenting little ones again!!!!

Jeannett said...

Ok, so as I was reading and you were talking about timing and people thinking you were crazy, yadda, yadda, I honestly thought you were going to announce another pregnancy! I was giddy! But no, just a blog about timing in general. Poop.

Rachel said...

I think I've mentioned this before, but I used to get snide comments in public places because I was pregnant and Aubrey was so young. Little did they know I had already had a miscarriage and should have been carrying around a new baby.

I love your family size! I think it is great that you are open to grow your family in the way the Lord is leading you. I know that the way you are living life is impacting lives in a positive way.

All that being said, HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY KAITLYN! It is crazy that she is one. Where did the year go?

Kristen Borland said...

yes!!!

and btw, i cannot believe how fast your kids grow up! what's in the water down there?

Carrie Haughey said...

aw, how could that sweet little face be an accident?!?!

Happy birthday Kaitlyn, maybe we will give you extra cherrios in Sunday School if you come! :0)

Anonymous said...

There are no accidents when it comes to children! Children are a blessing!

Anonymous said...

What's even more irritating is having people come up to you and say "Don't you WANT children?!" because they don't see any in your arms.

darci said...

she is so so cute! what a little kissable munchkin! i find it so funny (in a very offensive way!) that people just open their mouths and blurt out stuff like that. we got that too, even though our oldest two were 7 and almost 5..it's like anything over 2 kids MUST have been an 'oops'..grr. it just takes you aback. i always think of great comebacks..the next day. anyway, she's so sweet, and i agree, they're so much work but God's biggest blessing He gives us. :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com