Friday, March 21, 2008

Some news






Life has been a little surreal here at the Heldt homestead for the past few weeks. This is because...

We're moving! To Denver! Sometime next month!

It honestly doesn't feel real yet...because nothing is different...hasn't really sunk in that life is changing in a major way! I don't know whether to be excited, or sad, or something else (?)

Kevin's been offered a great job with an engineering company near the Denver Tech Center. I'm so proud of him! He's a hardworker and a good engineer.

If you know me in real life, and didn't know this was on the horizon, ever since we moved to Santa Maria (a little under five years ago) we knew we'd move sooner or later. We didn't know where but piece by piece we've been figuring it out. Kevin doesn't want to commute 67 miles anymore, we want to live in/near an urban area, we want to be close to some cultural opportunities for our boys, we want to go do something new. Maybe later I'll share more of our thought process, how we chose Denver.

We're both TOTALLY excited about living in a city for a lot of reasons. (And yes we do know it snows there, and that it gets cold, and that there's no ocean. :) )

Kevin, Kaitlyn and I are flying to Denver next weekend to find a home to buy. We're planning on making an offer on one today actually, contingent on us seeing it when we go. Our realtor looked at it for us earlier this week. (Oh and we're moving to Denver itself, not a suburb.)

It's been strange dealing with all of this and not really talking about it with anyone or blogging about it. We didn't want to say too much in case it fell through. Our family and close friends have known for awhile, but otherwise we haven't discussed it much. I think I'm excited but feel really sad to say goodbye to friends and family.

We're both excited about living close to Mike and Rachel and their girls, and Woody and Tanya and their girls. I'm thrilled that our kids will get to play and grow up with their cousins!

Okay that's enough for now. I'll keep you posted on any further developments. But yeah, we're moving to Denver. (Pictured above.)

19 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

Brenda Williams said...

Congratulations! We're in Colorado Springs this weekend for Easter, and it is so beautiful here. Denver is a wonderful choice, and I know you guys will be very happy there.
We'll miss you in CA!

Samantha said...

Wow, that is big news! We will be praying that all goes smoothly with the moving process. We know what a big undertaking it is to move several states away! I am excited that Denver is right in the middle of WA and MO. We have friends there that we have been wanting to visit, so now we may have to make the drive!

graceling said...

Yea! God is good! I'l be praying:)

Jeannett said...

It's weird to be so happy for someone, but so bummed at the same time.

Happy for you, but you still suck.

:)

Kate said...

I'm gonna miss you so much! But I'm glad that your parents in in A-town, so hopefully we'll still be able to see you once in a while. Perhaps around major holidays? We're so happy for you. How good it feels to be following the Lord's gracious leading! You'll be in our prayers.

Angel said...

WOW!! Huge news. Excited to see it all unfold for you. I know you are following what God has placed in your heart so I feel sure it will be a wonderful move for you. Angel

shell said...

I am SO excited for you guys! I am sure it will be a great place for your family....and you are getting somewhat closer to us! :) Lets set a goal to meet before our kids are in High School! Cant wait to hear more! Oh and snow really isnt that bad. Kids love it, you will get used to it. It is snowing as I type this here!

Rachel said...

Wow, Denver is REALLY pretty. I'm assuming those are not pictures you guys took, if so I want your camera :) I'm so excited!!!

Anonymous said...

All you Cali friends...us Colo friends will take care of them. :)

In other news, what's up with your links including Steve AND Jen, Woody AND Tanya, and JUST Rachel. I feel shorted. So much for that huge mortgage discount. :) Rachel said it must be because I don't post. Well, it is the Colorado Heldts. That includes me. :) Okay, I'm good.

Brother Mike (actual brother, not the monk)

Tracy Regusci said...

What exciting changes for your family! We absolutely love Denver and have tons a friends who live there. We hope you find the perfect house, my favorite place is Cherry Creek!

Thanks for the book suggestion. I think I will give it a try!

Brianna Heldt said...

Hahaha Mike I'm cracking up! Kevin and I have a long-running joke about THIS blog and he always pretends to be hurt and left out b/c everyone sees it as MY blog...which let's face it, it is. :)

Rachel, I'm an undercover professional reporter, didn't you know?! Haha. (Photos courtesy of city-data.com, actually :).)

Brianna Heldt said...

not reporter, i meant photographer. guess it's been a long day.

Jenny said...

Brianna, I tried to post earlier but Blogger was acting all wonky. From an Indiana girl who loves Colorado...Woo-Hoo! That's exciting! Congratulations! (And a teeny bit jealous!) I keep thinking we should move out there - there's got to be a bigger Ethiopian community than here in NE Indiana!

Your faithful lurker,
Jenny

Stacey said...

What an exciting adventure! God bless you abundantly in this new season of life. At least we can still stay connected via blogging.
By His Grace,
Stacey

Unknown said...

how exciting! I'm a little jealous. With all this school budget stuff...I was looking into Colorado schools..it looks like a fun place to be!

Lisa Leonard said...

this is exciting! selfishly, i wish you would stay, but objectively, i am thrilled for all of you. the city looks great. the pictures help make it real. love you guys!

Kristen Borland said...

yipee!!!!

Laurzie said...

Very, very exciting! I'm sure you feel somewhat overwhelmed right now, but it will be such a great adventure!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com