Monday, June 29, 2009

Blogging shame

My blog has been so, so lame lately. I can never think of anything to post...because do you really want to hear about how I just ate too many oreos, or about how I wasn't able to sign up my kids for swimming lessons through Denver Rec due to the high demand (wasting over an hour of my time at the rec center with a bunch of rabid moms participating in a lottery)? Probably not. :)

I'm getting really excited about our baby. It's been over two years since we've had a new little one in our home and I seriously can't wait!!! She already gets lots of hugs and kisses every day from her older brothers and sisters. I scored an adorable Pottery Barn Kids crib bumper at a second-hand store for $1 and I'm looking forward to eventually setting her room up. Yosef and Biniam share a room, and Anna and Kaitlyn share a room, but the new baby will have her own, at least for now. (FYI my kids LOVE sharing rooms and actually begged to do so. It's really cute. My girls will be devastated when the baby is born and doesn't sleep in their room.)

I can't believe Anna starts Kindergarten in about two months. The main thing we'll be working on I think is handwriting and then just some fun, simple math, telling time, etc. She's already reading so she'll continue with that as well. I'm not sure how this homeschooling thing will look yet, but my philosophy is that home should be a place where we grow in knowledge and wisdom and that learning should be a natural part of life. (I really look forward to studying history together, probably starting in 1st grade. I love history!) Anna will be in school all day on Mondays, and I know she'll love it. Especially since she already knows several kids in her class!

See? I told you I didn't have anything to say. But, half the time that's what blogging is all about!!!

5 comments:

Crash said...

glad to hear all is well with baby and pregnancy. i missed that blog post.

anna is going to love school and i think you'll really like homeschooling.

Joanie said...

Sounds like fun! No shame there. We love room sharing too.

Mama Mote said...

I enjoy reading yours and everyone else's blogs because it keeps me updated on the happenings of people I won't see for awhile...or ever again maybe. Glad to hear you're doing well with baby and things. So keep blogging!!

Anonymous said...

You know, honestly these are my favorite kind of posts to read. It feels like we just ran into each other at Target and we're catching up on the little things.
But then, I'm also pretty shallow and the deep posts go over my head sometimes... Just keepin it real.

Anonymous said...

By the way... Blog Twin- Jinx! buy me a Coke.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com