Thursday, August 27, 2009

33 and 1/2 weeks along!

This was me on August 4th, so at 30 weeks along. (Right before feasting on Ethiopian food for Kevin's birthday. I'm thinking we should have done an "after" shot--goodness knows the stomach would be bigger!)
Not sure when this was taken or by whom, but it sums up my life pretty well. On the laptop, eating Swedish Fish. (Which, after binging on all summer, do not appeal to me at all anymore.)


Pregnancy is such a magical time. It has its share of frustrating moments (I HATE being grumpy, and tired, and at this point bending over to pick anything up is quite a chore), but then, what doesn't? There's nothing like feeling my baby girl kicking and thrashing around, and having such a tangible reminder of God's goodness to me in blessing me with an amazing husband and now amazing baby. Motherhood is a gift, and while it can be a challenge to embrace that gift sometimes, it's a gift just the same.
Today I have my OB appointment. I've had lots (and I mean LOTS) of Braxton Hicks contractions the last few days, which I had with both my other girls, but some of these were painful, so I'll be asking about that today for sure.
I'm preregistered at the hospital I'll be delivering at and my mom bought her plane ticket for the week before my due date. We're (well, Kevin is really) bustin' a move trying to get a bunch of stuff done on our house before the baby comes as well. (Right now all 6 of us are sharing a bathroom. And you know what? Really not a big deal. Meanwhile we're redoing the downstairs bathroom--a rotting subfloor, rickety toilet and sink, ew.)
So yeah, pretty exciting. I cannot WAIT to meet and hold this sweet baby girl!!!! Less than 7 weeks to go!!!

9 comments:

joy said...

i can't believe you only have 7 weeks. you look beautiful as always. hugs to the heldts!

Joanie said...

Yay! Go, Brianna, Go!

I never can figure out where you put these full sized babies inside little you. Precious.

Mama Mote said...

Oh, Brianna. All these babies being born and I won't be able to see them in real life...unless I visit SLO and CO and other places. How exciting, though! Congratulations to the Heldt family - the GROWing Heldt family.

Paige said...

You are so beautiful Brianna! We can't wait to see pictures of your new baby girl! I can't believe you are so close...feels like only yesterday you announced you were pregnant. =)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm excited for when I can be pregnant myself! :)

Kristen Borland said...

woohoo! bring on the baby (you know, but not early of course!)!! :)

we pretty much all use one bathroom too. the only time i really use our master bath is at night. so i kind of know what you mean. at least we have the option of hitting up the second on if some one is using the first one. but we all bathe/shower in the main one, and you're right, it really isn't a big deal.

Luke Holzmann said...

!!! I have a very similar bag of Swedish Fish on my desk [smile]. I love how it says: 3.5lbs Great for Sharing!

[laughing]

~Luke

lisa said...

yay! almost done! i was so excited this time last year. i just had a few weeks to go myself. and now my little munchkin is crawling all over the place! crazy!

Tamara said...

Okay, one bathroom is cool (we all use the master bath, but it is bigger than my bedroom as a kid...weird house we are renting).. but if it is only upstairs...not cool!! I guess you are getting your exersize up and down the stairs all day!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com