Sunday, August 02, 2009

Funny things kids say, etc.

Yes, it's come to that--I'm needing to upload pictures, and my brain can't seem to come up with much in the way of blogging topics, so I'm sharing random stuff my kids have said recently. :)

As I've mentioned, Anna's reading like crazy these days. And yesterday she casually asked me, "Mommy, do you know what baby pigs are called?" "What, Anna?" I asked. "Piglets!" she announced.

Um, okay, "Anna, where did you hear that?"

"Oh, I read it in a book last night" was her reply. Wow.

Then today at lunch, as we were discussing with the kids what they learned in Children's Church this morning, Biniam shared his version of the creation story:

"God made Adam out of dirt. Then He took one of Adam's ribbons, and made Eve." Who knew that Adam had ribbons???

Things around here are going well. Kevin was in Texas this past week and it's so good to have him home. I'm currently reading an excellent book about parenting and marriage (that you've probably never heard of) called Covenanted Happiness by Cormac Burke. It is so.extremely.insightful and pretty challenging too. And I'm so excited because once I'm finished I'll FINALLY be starting on Mother Teresa's Come Be My Light, which I've been dying to read ever since it came out, but haven't yet.

So that's all. Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

The Hattons... said...

I like the fact that we came from ribbons ... makes it sounds so much prettier!

Brianna Heldt said...

I know!!! That was my thought too. Much more feminine I think! :)

this is us said...

Tried to find the Cormac Burke book on the library website but no luck. Can I be first in line to borrow? :)

Kevin Heldt said...

Jennifer, I was able to get Covenanted Happiness by doing a "Request It!" (http://illiad.denverlibrary.org/illiad/logon.html). I just returned the copy we read yesterday.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com