Friday, December 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday {#16}









1.)  Yesterday was the Christmas party for the big kids' school.  They were SO excited to go.  It was at a rec center so there would be swimming, and all of us, even Kevin, were planning to attend.  But then Kaitlyn threw up that morning.  And so Kevin stayed home with the two littles, and I took the oldest three.  I rarely spend time with the oldest three all together.  It was pretty sweet!  We hit up the Taco Bell drive-thru on our way (due to aforementioned sickness and the consequent clean-up, I had no time to bring anything for the potluck, and we were running terribly late.  I didn't even wear make-up.  That is how late we were.  Because I usually wear it when I go to something like that, otherwise people think I look tired.  Which I probably am, so maybe I should just roll with it!)  Anyway, the kids thought it was SO FUN to get burritos on our way, and kept thanking me and saying "this is the best burrito EVER, Mom!"  Ha!  Once AT the party, they took off with their friends, and then we hit the pool, where they took off with their friends again.  So, so fun.  Until a small child pooped in the pool, they had to kick everyone out, and so we went home.  :)


2.)  We were also supposed to have dinner last night with some sweet friends that we haven't seen in a long time, to talk about adoption.  I assembled my spinach lasagna in the morning and everything.  But alas, Kaitlyn got sick, and it turns out that they had a sick little one too(!) so we rescheduled for tonight, tentatively.  (As of last night, Kaitlyn seemed more or less back to her usual rambunctious self.)  I'm really looking forward to it!




3.)  I rarely have people for dinner.  We host a community group that meets here weekly but that's different.  I wish we had people over more often, but honestly, I get SO NERVOUS hosting people for dinner!  PLEASE tell me I'm NOT the only one.  Actually I know I'm not, because I was just talking to a good friend about this the other night.  Anyway, I feel all nervous about what I should make, if it will be any good, if my house will look presentable, how things will go...I know, SO neurotic, right?  Right.  The thing is, I LOVE spending time with people.  It has NOTHING to do with that.  It's just the entertaining aspect.  Freaks.me.out.  Clearly the woman in the above photo is confident as can be.  I need to be more like her I think!




4.)  I HAVE to figure out a better laundry schedule for myself.  It is getting entirely too tricky to be flying by the seat of my pants...do the girls have clean tights?  The boys, clean pants?  Who has clean underwear?  Ugh.  So yes, I think I'm reaching the point where I need to designate certain days to be laundry days for each child.  Can I stick to a plan like that?  NO clue.  But I hope to!  (Note my laundry helpers in the photo.  They rock!)



5.)  I am LOVING the Mrs. Meyers line of cleaning supplies these days!  Have you used them?  They smell so CLEAN and fresh.  Right now I have the "Lemon Verbena" in my kitchen: hand soap, dish soap, and countertop spray, and the all-purpose cleaner (pictured above) for my floors.  Not only does it work amazingly well, it's so pretty!



6.)  Do you ever wish you had a robot who did certain things for you?  One of those things I wish I could delegate to a mechanical person is brushing my teeth before bed.  At the end of the day I just want to go to sleep, and brushing my teeth feels like such a chore.  (I do it, don't get me wrong, but if I could snap my fingers and have it done FOR me, I would!)





7.)  I need to buy more ProActive facial cleanser.  This is my go-to product.  My one expensive splurge on my appearance (remember, I haven't had my hair cut in over a year.)  Anyway, I ran out, and I buy it at a kiosk in a nearby mall, but I never really go there, so it's kinda out of the way.  But I'm tired of breaking out so I need to just go over there and get it.  Before we moved here I'd order it online from QVC, but this way I save on shipping.  I really ought to do an entire post on my love affair with ProActive.  It is fabulous.  And, because I only use it once per day (otherwise my skin gets too dry), it lasts a super long time.  

***
If you'd like to do your own "7 Quick Takes", link up to Conversion Diary






 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com