Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas cheer



Both of those things occupying my fridge make me oh so happy:  my Chocolate Kahlua Trifle (recipe forthcoming), and of course, Eggnog.  (Sadly, the trifle is long gone, but I do still have some Eggnog!)

Not much time to blog today.  Friends from church are coming for dinner tonight and I have a bunch of baking to do.  Oh, and laundry.  And I still need to take a shower.  Eek!  I also have my Tuesday Skype date with my dad in about an hour--I always look forward to that!  And if there's time, I hope to sneak in some homeschool History this afternoon...but if not, we did a bunch of Math and Handwriting/Spelling, plus our usual Bible and Saints reading, so either way it's been a productive morning!

Oh and in case anyone is curious, I'm planning on making Antipasto sandwiches for dinner, and fudge and Russian teacakes for dessert.  (Kinda random desserts, but Christmasy just the same, and I simply don't have the time to do anything fancy.)  Friends are bringing salad and drinks. 

A very sweet someone made me a CD of assorted Christmas music that is FABULOUS, and I've been listening to it all morning.  Think Tracy Chapman (!), Dave Matthews Band, Sara Groves.  (Last night a group of girlfriends and I had dinner and exchanged gifts.  Such a sweet time.  And NOT just because I came away with some great loot.  Like a Starbucks gift card, HOMEMADE salsa and spiced cranberry relish, a tshirt, lotion...so fun.)

I have to say that this is shaping up to be such an enjoyable, festive, contemplative Advent/Christmas season.  Filled with lovely friends and dear family (many of whom we'll get to see next week!  I am beyond thrilled!)  and the love of Jesus. 

So, I raise my glass of Eggnog to you and toast this sweet season of joy and anticipation.  Merry Christmas friends! 

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com