Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday linkage

I came across some great stuff this week in the blogosphere.  And so I thought I would share some of it with you today:


--My friend Jennifer blogs at the least complicated, and wrote an AMAZING post about adoption and attachment.  So, so good.  While my sons attached quite well, I can definitely see areas where they struggle (mostly with learning and stress) that are surely a result of early childhood trauma.  It can be frustrating.  So easy to forget where they have been.

--And Adeye, of No Greater Joy Mom fame, shared her refreshing and wonderful perspective in a post titled learning as I go.  I relate to a lot of what she has to say in this post.  It can be challenging to truly savor the moments and leave all up-tight-ness behind, but it is oh so worth it. 


Today we are enjoying a quiet Saturday at home.  A yummy omelet for breakfast, listening to Bebo Norman (one of my all-time favorites), playing lots of games (Kevin taught Anna "Egyptian War" and she is INSANEly good at it.  On a side-note, I refuse to play Kevin at this game because he ALWAYS wins, and all I can hope for is that I'll somehow injure his hand as we're both trying to slap the pile), and getting ready for our annual trip back to California.  Then we have It's a Wonderful Life and The Nativity Story on deck to watch later.  Of course, once the kids are in bed, it's time for Kevin and I to resume watching the TV show on DVD that we are utterly addicted to.  The final season FINALLY came in for us from the library--thank goodness, because we've been waiting so long and the suspense has just been awful!  I can't wait to see how it all ends!


I hope that you, too, are enjoying your Saturday.  Three cheers for the weekend!  (Now I'm off to see if I can find the kids' Christmas presents that I hid...apparently I chose quite the hiding place!)



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com