Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 facts about he and I


Hallie is doing something super fun and I just had to jump on-board!  So, without further ado, ten random things about me and Mr. Heldt (feel free to leave your own in the comments section, OR on your blog and let me know you did!):


1.)  The first few times we ran into each other at church, he couldn't seem to remember my name. (Either I wasn't particularly memorable, OR I took his breath away and his brain went dead.  I love to tease him and tell him that it must have been the former, when secretly I actually believe it was the latter.)

2.)  We love us some Playstation video games from time to time.  Our all-time fave is probably that fighting game, Tekken.  We play and play until I get so furious that I have to just give up.  (But it's oh-so-worth it for the times when I keep winning, and HE gets furious.  Don't let him tell you I never win, because I do.  Sometimes.  I'm awesome with Baek.)

3.)  Every single night around here is pretty much date-night.  And what I mean by that is that we're both home most nights, the kids are in bed by 8 pm, and we spend the rest of the evening playing games, reading, watching Frasier, or talking together.  We have lots of time together and I love that.

4.)  We have pretty traditional gender roles (he goes to work while I'm home either barefoot and pregnant or barefoot and adopting, he mows the dying lawn while I keep up the home), but we also have a very mutual, give-and-take sort of relationship.  No unilateral decisions being made, no expectations or suppressing of opinions.  Which is good.  'Cause I have me some opinions.  That being said, by the time he gets home I rarely want to make decisions (I have five kids, people!), so I make him decide.  Apparently I am a woman of contradictions.

5.)  The very first time he visited my parents' home, he tripped and fell and banged his head on the door while he was playing with my family dog.

6.)  We argue most every night over who cuddles up to who before we go to sleep.  Weird, I know, but apparently I prefer sleeping on my right-hand-side and he prefers his left.

7.)  We are regularly reading books and articles, thus always debating/discussing various topics related to theology and current events.  Love that.

8.)  There is a lot of laughter in our relationship.  Kevin cracks me up.  He always  has.  We have a myriad of inside-jokes, silly memories, and one-liners guaranteed to make the other laugh.

9.)  The first time Kevin told me he loved me was when he got down on one knee on a beautiful beach in California, ring in hand, and asked me to marry him.  I will never, ever, EVER forget that moment.  Ever.  And I'll never forget how it felt to know that love truly meant something to him, that it meant action and commitment.

10.)  Kevin and I hung out for the first time when we ran into each other at a Weird Al--yes, Weird Al--concert.  It was meant to be.  I was there with friends, he was there alone, and we invited him to sit with us.  If rocking out to "Amish Paradise" isn't the backdrop for love in the making, I don't know what is!



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com