Tuesday, September 02, 2008

8/4/08

So, the husband turned 28 last month. I meant to do a post about what we did and about what a stellar guy he is, but like seemingly most things in my life right now, it fell by the wayside. :)





While he was at work that morning, the kids each colored and decorated a card for him (even Kaitlyn!) They helped me bake him some homemade chocolate chip cookies, I made up a big picnic lunch, and we picked him up from work and drove to a park. (I figure if you have to work on your birthday, you should at least have an enjoyable lunch break!)






Each of the kids got to present him with their card, and tell him they loved him. They were so cute!






Then that evening the six of us went to dinner at Pei Wei. Yum! We were there pretty late, so we scored six huge chocolate chip cookies for free! (That ALMOST made up for the waiter asking me if we were "babysitting these little guys". Almost.)

So Kevin, here is your belated birthday blogpost. You are a great dad, a fabulous husband, and by golly it doesn't have to be your birthday for me to tell you that! Thanks for being so fun, hilarious, patient, hardworking, and supportive. You make a mean pot of Pasta Roni, have an uncanny ability to infuse wisdom into any conversation (and help me sort out my indecisive thoughts), and have proven quite handy around our 96-year-old-house. Oh and you make me laugh really hard. Even though you tried to talk me into that $4,000 water softener a couple months back, you're a great leader of our family. The kids could not have asked for a better father. I don't have to tell you how much they adore you. Especially the littlest one, who never wants to leave your side!

Know that even though right now we can't kiss or share soda, I love you so much and am thrilled to be on this rollercoaster of life with you!!!






7 comments:

Christy said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Kevin!
I love that you were totally wearing shorts and tennis shoes on a work day!

Jason and Anna said...

Oooh, I LOVE soft water. If I was you I probably would have said, "Ok! Let's do it, soft skin and hair is totally worth $4000." haha! Not sure why I'm so in love with it.

Anyways, way to show restraint and happy belated b-day to your hubby.

Larissa said...

Happy Birthday Kev!! We miss you. I seriously think Darin is in mourning. =)
I hope you had a great day. You have awesome kids.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated, Kevin!!!

Anonymous said...

Greg talked me into a $3500 water softener and it was the BEST thing I ever bought. Then again our water is so hard that my skin would actually crack open and bleed right after washing my hands...and I am a borderline germ-a-phobe so it was really bad. Also, you use less soap for everything, showers, baths, dishwashers, clothes. AND it came with a water purification thing and I never have to buy bottled water again, it is better than Sparkletts. AND, it is efficiant with the potassium (I use that so my plants don't die) and I have only purchased 2 bags of rock in the 6 months we have lived here.

So sorry if I opened a can of worms, but I just love it, and I just swallow really hard when I think of the price.

Happy birthday Kevin!

Kristen said...

Wow, i wish my hubby had a job that would not only support 5 other people, but where he could still dress like he's going to spend a day at the beach!!

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention what a wonderful nephew Kevin is - I'm glad I took you to that rodeo - it toughened you up tofacing lifes challanges as they poke you. I love you dearly.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com