Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's a small world


Sorry if the title of this post has you humming the theme song from the most random amusement park ride ever created, but...


At church on Sunday, a woman approached me and introduced herself, saying she recognized me from my blog! Okay, so I'm admittedly embarrassed to have a blog--not sure why, maybe I don't want people to know I'm a nerd (which, let's face it, I am, although it has nothing to do with the fact that I have a blog). Mostly it's because I don't want them to think that I think that what I have to say is so fascinating or important that I feel the need to broadcast it to the masses. Either way, I don't tell people that I meet or know in "real life" that I have a blog (unless it comes up), so it is funny when I meet someone who says, "I read your blog!"


Bekah is SO sweet, has an ADORABLE daughter and a PRECIOUS son (who is from Ethiopia--that's right, THREE Ethiopians were in attendance at our church on Sunday!) And now I have another great blog to read!


They were just checking out the church on Sunday so I don't know if they (or we for that matter, since we're not members and apparently remain noncommittal, plus we'd like to try out some other churches) will be going regularly, but either way I made a new friend and hopefully we can get our kids together at some point!

So go take a look at their blog and wonderful family!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

That would be a bit odd to have a stranger recognize you from your blog. You are like a celebrity or something like that!

Jody said...

I don't really let "real-life" people know either. I started it for our out-of-town family and slowly people from our community are saying "I read on your blog.." Out come my red cheeks.

The Scholl Family said...

Hi Brianna,
I don't know if you remember Marty and I from Grace, but I found your blog thru Kristen's...so good to keep up with what you've been up to! Your family is so beautiful!
love, Jennie

P.S. Yeah, I get kind of embarrassed that I have a blog too. But I started it mainly to share pictures and happenings with faraway friends and family!

Unknown said...

Hahahahahaha! I feel the same way. Having a blog is fun. Having people you know know you have a blog is really, really weird. :)

Amber said...

Hey Brianna! I totally feel the same way. I rarely tell people about my blog, and if John tells random people we meet I get so embarrassed! What is up with that? Why do we all feel that way? Shouldn't we be proud? Go figure.

Bekah said...

Oh my gosh! That was weird. I clicked on your blog and thought I made a mistake, since my picture was at the top. :) You're so sweet. It was so great to meet you and your family. And I'd absolutely love love love to hang out and get our kiddos together sometime.
I have to admit that this is not the first time that I've approached someone and told them that I recognize them from their blog. I'm glad I didn't totally creep you out (maybe just a little bit :)) I think maybe I spend to much time surfing people's adoption blogs. It's just so fun. :)

jenny said...

Haahaa... I also am admittedly ashamed that I blog. When people say they read mine, I try not to blush and apologize for being so "modern and techy" - even though blogging is no longer really modern. :-)

Brianna Heldt said...

Jennie hi! Of course I remember you! I have even been to your blog a couple of times (linked on Kristen Borland's blog.) Your kids are PRECIOUS and I must say, I'm a little jealous I don't have my own chickens!

Bekah no way, not creepy at all! Just so funny when "blogland" intersects with "real land!"

Amber you're right. We should be darn proud. (And I too get SO embarrassed when Kevin tells people about my blog! I always tell him now NOT to mention it to people!)

Unknown said...

HA! Bekah told me that she approached you at church!! Isn't she wonderful!? I adore her! :) So fun, the little ET group we have going on here in the Denver Metro Area! :) And that it was b/c we are all bloggers that we are all now friends! I'm thanking Sweet Jesus for the internet right now!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com