Tuesday, February 20, 2007

OB visit this morning

Had my OB visit at 9 today...running on about 2 hours sleep is interesting! I had my scheduled NST, which went well. Kevin mentioned this in the little comments section on the last post but yeah, I'm definitely not in active labor, or seemingly any sort of labor. With subsequent pregnancies just the baby being in birthing position can dilate you. In fact my doctor said he just had a patient dilated to 5 cm who was not in labor--crazy!

He DID say I was right to go to the hospital and if that same thing happens again, because my labor was so fast with Anna, that I need to return to the hospital. He said maybe I'll end up going in two or three times and will be sent home, but if I'm having regular contractions for an hour or two he wants me to be vigilant.

So, my mom is staying with us till Friday night so Kevin can go away to work. That way if these contractions happen again like that I can just head to the hospital, and if they decide to keep me, I can Kevin at that point and he can come home from Goleta. Poor Dad has to spend his birthday alone tomorrow! :(

Probably won't update this anymore until something actually happens, like me getting admitted to the hospital.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Maybe you'll be like my friend Susanna. She went to the doctor on her due date to find she was 6 cm. She came back the next day to find she was at 9 cm. Yeah, still no labor. She walked over to the hospital only to be at 10 and had the baby within minutes. Yeah no active labor!!!

I'll be praying that the baby comes before your mom leaves. What a relief to have her there.

Mama Melissa said...

Wow. I'll be praying for you all.

Here is to a speedy, healthy birth.

Peace.
Melissa
LID 10/31/05

Shana said...

Still nothing?

Jeannett said...

Hello? Anybody out there?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com